No announcement yet.

Anybody play any instruments?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody play any instruments?

Personally I play the Piano, Alto & Tenor Sax since middle school, and I want to learn the guitar someday. There are others but they'll have to wait for a few years.

i've played guitar for about 15 years now. i've gone a couple years where i've hardly had the instrument in my hands, but i've also gone through periods where i've played daily. today, i keep it within arm's length of my desk, and play whenever i feel like it.

i can also play the drums, bass, and a bit of piano. i can sing, too. i'm a neapolitan. what do you expect?

i've wanted to get a small keyboard for a while now, but i really don't have the room.

Comment

Skin flute virtuoso.

Comment

Guitar and bass. I write and record some tunes on the iPad app, Garageband.

It's pretty neat, you can plug your instrument in to a thing that attaches to the iPad and there's tons of effects, amps...Drums, synths, everything you need.

If you pick up the guitar take lessons as soon as you get used to moving around on the fretboard. I waited, and just wanted to learn songs first. But taking even 6 months of lessons (depending on your teacher) you will know enough to be able to figure out the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i've played guitar for about 15 years now. i've gone a couple years where i've hardly had the instrument in my hands, but i've also gone through periods where i've played daily. today, i keep it within arm's length of my desk, and play whenever i feel like it.

i can also play the drums, bass, and a bit of piano. i can sing, too. i'm a neapolitan. what do you expect?

i've wanted to get a small keyboard for a while now, but i really don't have the room.
          Dang that's pretty good! If you do decide to get a small keyboard someday, I'd recommend something around the 61 key range (Yamaha makes the best ones imo) since 49 might not get enough done. I have a 49 key at home and while I can make what I want, I'm not able to really make the Jazz pieces I want since I can't use a wide enough range without pressing the octave buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Get a Moog Sub Phatty

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              Guitar and bass. I write and record some tunes on the iPad app, Garageband.

It's pretty neat, you can plug your instrument in to a thing that attaches to the iPad and there's tons of effects, amps...Drums, synths, everything you need.

If you pick up the guitar take lessons as soon as you get used to moving around on the fretboard. I waited, and just wanted to learn songs first. But taking even 6 months of lessons (depending on your teacher) you will know enough to be able to figure out the rest.
              Yeah I've heard of Garageband, it's pretty good. They have Garageband & Logic where I'm getting my Audio degree at and they both have a lot of good piano patches & synths I love to use. I'll definitely start taking guitar lessons soon enough; maybe this summer, but I still need to buy one first and which one I get is another thing to worry about.

Comment

Yep, I've been lucky enough to do it for a living. Actually, that's daft, luck has nothing to do with it. I've worked my ass off for years and years and years, working longer and harder than most much higher paying jobs. I teach a little on the side to supplement my playing income, but mostly just playing. Drummer. It's a good life.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMerchant12 View Post
                  Yeah I've heard of Garageband, it's pretty good. They have Garageband & Logic where I'm getting my Audio degree at and they both have a lot of good piano patches & synths I love to use. I'll definitely start taking guitar lessons soon enough; maybe this summer, but I still need to buy one first and which one I get is another thing to worry about.
                  What kind of music are you in to and what is your price range?

I would look on craigslist and get something super cheap, (used Squire Strat $30) just to make sure you will even like playing the guitar. If you go out and buy a Paul Reed Smith, and decide playing guitar isn't for you, you're fucked

You should try out the bass first, honestly. I wish I had learned bass first. Everyone is always looking for a bass player if you are trying to play in a band. Also, there's a wider range of applications for bass in music.

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
                    What kind of music are you in to and what is your price range?

I would look on craigslist and get something super cheap, (used Squire Strat $30) just to make sure you will even like playing the guitar. If you go out and buy a Paul Reed Smith, and decide playing guitar isn't for you, you're fucked

You should try out the bass first, honestly. I wish I had learned bass first. Everyone is always looking for a bass player if you are trying to play in a band. Also, there's a wider range of applications for bass in music.
                    I'm into mostly Hip-Hop, Jazz, Neo-Soul and progressive rock. My price range is anything less than maybe $150.

I honestly forgot all about craigslist but I'll definitely give it a go for guitars & whatnot. I have some friends who play bass but it wouldn't hurt to learn it myself in case someone else I know needs a player and asks me if I can play, and you're right, Bass players can pretty much blend in any form of music.

Comment

Working...
                    X