Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pound for Pound Rankings (The Ring and TBRB)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The fan in me is tempted to put Rigo in the top 5 but I can understand with only 12 fights and one meaningful W.
    I feel the same way, but i just think that rigo schooled a top 5 p4p guy and it wasnt even close,,, it looked like mayweather-ghost in there,,,,

Rigo may have only 12 fights, but i would be hard pressed to name fighters that beat him H2H

And when it comes down to it i think he beats everyone not named floyd, ward is higher because of the better resume, but rigo chopping at his heels...

for the record i have
    1. floyd
    2. ward
    3. rigo
    4. jmm
    5. manny
    6. bradley
    7. wlad
    8. froch
    9. gonzales
    10. mikey Garcia

with honorable mentions to: serg donaire ggg canelo broner lucas danny

Comment

Actually surprised Rigo made it lol. And I guarantee if cAnelo loses the Danny Lucas winner will be on there next

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        TBRB

Mayweather
        Ward
        Marquez
        Martinez
        Pacquiao
        Froch
        Klitschko
        Rigondeaux
        Donaire
        R. Gonzalez

The Ring

Mayweather
        Ward
        Marquez
        Klitschko
        Martinez
        Pacquiao
        Broner
        Bradley
        Alvarez
        Rigondeaux

Good to see Chocolito finally getting some recognition. The Ring ratings are still ****ty but at least they finally gave Rigo his well deserved spot in the top 10.
        I disagree with both lists, but I have seen much, much worse. (i.e., on NSB)
        Basically I won't complain about either list, but mine would look differently. And no, I am not posting mine to be discussed about right now.

Comment

Pacquiao has gone 1-2 in his last 3. Why is he still on?

Rigondeaux needs to be higher, and I have no doubt he'll get screwed over for Matthysse when/if Matthysse clubs Garcia to Bolivia and enters the list.

Not the worst lists I've seen though

Comment

ESPN P4P

1. Mayweather
            2. Ward
            3. JMM
            4. Pac
            5. Martinez
            6. Rigo
            7. Wlad
            8. Donaire
            9. Bradley
            10. Froch

Comment

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
              Pacquiao has gone 1-2 in his last 3. Why is he still on?

Rigondeaux needs to be higher, and I have no doubt he'll get screwed over for Matthysse when/if Matthysse clubs Garcia to Bolivia and enters the list.

Not the worst lists I've seen though
              manny still on because he was the legit #2 guy behind floyd, maybe slipped to 3 after jmm3 and ward winning super6...

everyone knows he beat bradley so i dont hold that against him,,

and the jmm4 fight was super exciting and manny looked great til he went to dreamland,, and jmm was another p4p guy, so i just kinda switched spots with them,,,
              I still think manny is better than 95% of the fighters out there,,,,
              unlike donaire and serg who got beat up by guys not considered p4p, even though rigo is now a p4p guy

but im done for the night,,, have a goodnight y'all

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                manny still on because he was the legit #2 guy behind floyd, maybe slipped to 3 after jmm3 and ward winning super6...

everyone knows he beat bradley so i dont hold that against him,,

and the jmm4 fight was super exciting and manny looked great til he went to dreamland,, and jmm was another p4p guy, so i just kinda switched spots with them,,,
                I still think manny is better than 95% of the fighters out there,,,,
                unlike donaire and serg who got beat up by guys not considered p4p, even though rigo is now a p4p guy

but im done for the night,,, have a goodnight y'all
                Yeah but you can't be P4P and lose and then get sparked out and still have a spot IMO plus his fight with Rios isn't exactly P4P worthy. Manny was the big favorite and he got sparked and got a gift.

For instance Roy Jones was dropped straight to #10 when he got sparked by Tarver and he was #1 P4P for the longest time.

Comment

froch over klitschko?

froch was absolutely dominated by ward, a man of his size. i have no issues with froch being in the top 10, but to have him over wladimir klitschko, perhaps the most dominant fighter in the sport, is insane.

Comment

Can't get over broner being on there, Alvarez too. But other than that the rings isn't that bad they got rigo in there. Oh and frog should be in there too

Comment

Ward is too high plus he hasn't fought in almost a year. The guys putting in work should get more credit than dudes sitting back. Take him off or at least he should be placed lower.

Broner needs to be taken off and put Froch in there. Rigo should be put higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X