Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone defend Hopkins in the “who ducked who” wars for Roy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
    Once again idiot if this thread is irrelevant then how come more people on here agree with me then the ones that don’t? Also I like Hopkins, I respect him a lot, did you not see what I said earlier? Its a fight that probably could have been boring but I appreciated the first fight and with the stakes higher at the time i probably would have enjoyed the rematch more.

Why do you keep bringing up that rematch that a lot of people here haven’t seen because it was that irrelevant. Are you saying because of that rematch Hopkins proves he never ducked a prime Roy or something? You are an idiot. if you hate this thread so much kick rocks then. All the points I made are valid and if anyone can help me to understand why Hopkins shouldn’t be seen as a duck in this fight then that would be much appreciated.
    you are claiming hopkins ducked a guy he fought twice genius. enough said. All the points you made are idiotic. If Hopkins didn't want the fight why would he sign for it twice. The only reason it wasn't made that time was a problem with terms that is the obvious conclusion. If you want to talk about a real duck talk about Jones and Dariusz Michalczewski. If you're so smart how come you can't do something as simple as staying in the green on an internet forum. Obviously you have a problem interpreting social ques. You probably think you are some misunderstood genius when you clearly suffer from the dunning krueger effect.

Comment

I always sided with Roy on this one.... He was a bigger star at the time and the bigger draw plus had the win. Hopkins lost out on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        It's not racist at all. So I take it it's racist to say people that love Canelo are pro Mexican? Cotto pro Rican?

What he speaks is the truth. Most people do cheer for their own.
        it is racist though. his quote was "how can anyone defend him in this case unless you're one of these pro black fighter lovers". Well first of all both fighters in this case are black so aside from being completely idiotic i have to assume the guy is a to unintelligent to realize that fact and simply saying something racial to get a rise out of people. Am I wrong?

Comment

Yea B-Hop was going to move up, i think it might have been a catchweight.

You can even find the ring mag somewhere online man
          u can't duck a guy who isn't in the same weight class that's just stupid. toney was fighting around 200 pounds and hopkins 160.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            u can't duck a guy who isn't in the same weight class that's just stupid. toney was fighting around 200 pounds and hopkins 160.
            Its a duck when you call the guy out, talk all this trash about the guy, He said Toney ducked him at middleweight, then have a verbal agreement and decide last second to not fight the guy, not matter what weight it is. I think it was a smart decision of course but Hopkins should have never opened his mouth, especially toney who all fight anyone anywhere any time

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              it is racist though. his quote was "how can anyone defend him in this case unless you're one of these pro black fighter lovers". Well first of all both fighters in this case are black so aside from being completely idiotic i have to assume the guy is a to unintelligent to realize that fact and simply saying something racial to get a rise out of people. Am I wrong?
              No its not you idiot, if this topic was about people who think Trinidad was the greatest ever or something i would have said pro puertoricans.

And your an idiot like i said the first fight had to happen, it was for a vacant fight against the number 1 and 2 for a title. The 2nd fight happened when Roy was shot to hell, and you say Hopkins didn’t duck Roy because he took that fight? Stupidest argument I ever heard. Both guys should have fought when they were at their best and thats when Bernard ducked Roy, you really don’t know **** about boxing kid and seems your a Bernard fan boy. Grow up.

Like I said I respect Hopkins I was routing for him back when he beat Trinidad.

You been arguing with me and haven’t given any evidence to back B-Hop, get out of this thread or contribute kid

Comment

Yea B-Hop was going to move up, i think it might have been a catchweight.

You can even find the ring mag somewhere online man
                i seriously doubt that.if you watch jones/toney,their was talk of toney going to heavy weight after that fight.i seriously doubt any type of discussion took place,especially in 03.hop was reluctant to go up to lhw so no way he would jump up to cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
                  am i the only one who really enjoyed hopkins jones I? i've watched that fight atleast a dozen times, and i'll go back to it for little tricks on boxing everynow and then
                  Wasn't close enough to be immensely enjoyable for me.

Roy dominated for 8 rounds and Hopkins only started winning rounds when Roy got a little bored and stepped off the gas.

As with the Toney fight, on my first viewing I was surprised by how easy it looked for Roy.

Comment

No its not you idiot, if this topic was about people who think Trinidad was the greatest ever or something i would have said pro puertoricans.

And your an idiot like i said the first fight had to happen, it was for a vacant fight against the number 1 and 2 for a title. The 2nd fight happened when Roy was shot to hell, and you say Hopkins didn’t duck Roy because he took that fight? Stupidest argument I ever heard. Both guys should have fought when they were at their best and thats when Bernard ducked Roy, you really don’t know **** about boxing kid and seems your a Bernard fan boy. Grow up.

You been arguing with me and haven’t given any evidence to back B-Hop, get out of this thread or contribute kid
                    duck usually implies a fighter is scared of a guy.i seriously doubt hop was scared of roy and vice versa.hop just thought he was a bigger draw than he actually was after he beat tito,and roy put him in his place from a business standpoint

Comment

Umm do you see my avatar?

Comment

Working...
                      X