No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute vs Pavlik Also Being Considered, Says Jean Bedard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bute vs Pavlik Also Being Considered, Says Jean Bedard

Jean Bedard, President on InterBox, said former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik is also in the running to fight IBF super middleweight champ Lucian Bute. Pavlik is back against Alfonso Lopez on the Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley undercard on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The other high profile option for Bute, is obviously Mikkel Kessler, who sat ringisde at the Bell Centre in Montreal to watch Bute retain his belt with a tenth round TKO of Brian Magee.

[Click Here To Read More]

Picking on 2 seriously inactive fighters (one coming off alcohol rehab and the other coming off an eye injury) doesn't really help his image of being a protected fighter who picks on not so stellar opposition.

But given the status of the division he's in, I suppose he doesn't have a choice. I hope at least Pavlik shakes off some of that rust before he goes in there with Bute, cuz at this point, I think Bute knocks them both the fugg out.

Comment

Both great fights alot of.action I think pavlik can win kessler is kind of old by now and gets cut easy pavlik can punch and has decent boxing skillz

Comment

after losing to SM and all his booze problems I think pavlik has got a lot to prove before he should be considered. they must be throwing his name up to keep kesslers demands in check. the ideal matches have got to be bute v kessler with winner to face winner of super 6.

if kessler wins then its either rematch with ward or froch. both have great appeal.

if bute wins then we get to find out if bute is #1 or not. i think he is too quick for a battle worn kessler. i dont think he beats ward, ward too slick. and i think froch is too durable for him and takes it on points as well.

i'd like to say that froch beats ward but depends whether its the boxer that took abraham apart or of the slugger that got frustrated by dirrell.

1&2 ward/froch
        3 bute
        4 kessler

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          Picking on 2 seriously inactive fighters (one coming off alcohol rehab and the other coming off an eye injury) doesn't really help his image of being a protected fighter who picks on not so stellar opposition.

But given the status of the division he's in, I suppose he doesn't have a choice. I hope at least Pavlik shakes off some of that rust before he goes in there with Bute, cuz at this point, I think Bute knocks them both the fugg out.
          Isn't he in the Pac/Mosley undercard? At least he would have a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post

my thoughts exactly

there's no way arum puts pavlik in with bute unless he starts looking like the beast he used to be though

Comment

No reason for Bute to even consider Pavlik if Kessler is willing to fight him. He'll probably fight both of these guys to try to bide time before he takes a chance on getting his ass handed to him by the super six winner or by Hopkins after he beats the other overrated Canadian Jean Patsycal.
              Last edited by Iceta Lives; 03-20-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Isn't he in the Pac/Mosley undercard? At least he would have a tuneup.
                He'd have to look really good against his tune up to fight Lucian Bute.

Comment

Pavlik-Kessler= Winner gets Bute

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Pavlik-Kessler= Winner gets Bute
                    in our dreams

Comment

Working...
                    X