Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late Vegas Money on Broner? Someone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The betting line is not an actual indicator of who is going to win the fight... It's sole purpose and function is to get equal money on both sides

Comment

Line movement isn't always cause sharp money. Could be the public betting in him a lot. He's way not popular so wouldn't be a surprise

Comment

If you think Porter is going to win this should be music to your ears

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Don't they shift the odds if too many people are betting on one guy?
          Goes without saying.

Thats the only way odds change.

But, odds only shift a few points, usually. It's extremely rare to see such the amount it has changed, in such a short amount of time.

What did so many people see since yesterday that has convinced them that Broner is now the fav, when Porter first was?

It's obviously the weigh in, but what is about the weigh in? Well, I think people saw that Broner is actually the taller one, which I didn't personally realize. I think people saw the same thing.

And, Broner did look very lean, but Porter just looked kinda small to me. His waist looked very thin.

Comment

I take it to mean very little money has been wagered on the fight ... the odds shift wouldn't be great if there were millions and millions being bet because one or two bets, even big-money bets, wouldn't tip the scales much.

Comment

Heavyfist, thank you for your insight. To all the others that posted about the line changes when money is bet on one fighter and yada yada, No Chit !! I understand how gambling works, my question is why are people placing the money in Broner now.
              Heavy fist gave the kind of answer I was looking for .

Comment

Word is probably out that Broner's only chance is a "Vegas decision" and that's where Floyd Mayweather comes into play. Everyone knows that Porter is going to do a number on Broner so the call has been made, the judges are in place and the cards are once again stacked in the favorite's corner. Another atrocity on air for the world to see.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Word is probably out that Broner's only chance is a "Vegas decision" and that's where Floyd Mayweather comes into play. Everyone knows that Porter is going to do a number on Broner so the call has been made, the judges are in place and the cards are once again stacked in the favorite's corner. Another atrocity on air for the world to see.
                  All you do is cry about robberies for haymon fighters. Ironic considering your fav fighter was in one of the biggest robberies in the last 50 years

Comment

Notice the odds on a draw are pretty low.....14/1, typically they are about 20/1 or something like that. The odds look like they are pretty even in terms of winning by KO/TKO but are favoring Broner to win by decision. Yeah, word is out that Mayweather is going to use his pull to get some crazy scores for the tin can man tonight. Porter's only chance is to win by knockout to save the world from seeing just how corrupt boxing can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Paragonpony View Post
                      Please explain why the late money is coming in on Broner? I have read about the weight issues or lack there of and all kinds of things. If this fight was at 147 , PORTER would be the favorite. However, with a no rehydration clause, I would think Porter benefits but the line is moving in Broners favor. I am open to conspiracy theories and all. Thank you!! Please respond.
                      If theres late money on Broner than Haymon must be paying some judges off like he did on Floyd vs Madaina 1

Comment

Working...
                      X