Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Eyes Malignaggi, Berto-Guerrero Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulie or guerrero are a piece of cake for maidana...but berto will KO el chino for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      Maidana beat's Paulie, Berto, and Guerrero. Berto would probably be the biggest threat but after seeing what Ortiz did to him there's no doubt that Maidana couldn't do the same, maybe even worse.
      I think he can take all three as well. Styles make fights though, and I think he'd have more trouble with Ghost than he would Berto.

Comment

Malignagi doesn't have the pop to keep Maidana honest. And his legs have slowed. Maidana KO

Guerrero, just because he outboxed and neutralized Aydin that does not mean he can do the same against Maidana, who has a more complete arsenal than Aydin did. The jury is out because Maidana struggles with boxers, but I favor the larger, more experienced, stronger Maidana in that match.

Berto, I feel he would fade in the latter rounds and Maidana would keep bringing the heat. Barnburner for sure. Maidana would bring out the best in Berto. I'd favor Maidana in deference to his tenacity, but berto would be bigger in there and would have a strong case. I prefer this fight over all three.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me how delusional people can be about Maidana. Being fun to watch doesn't mean he can hang with boxers like Guerrero or Malinaggi. Was clowned by Alexander and looked awful in the Soto Karas fight. He can still entertain but his best days are behind him.

Comment

i don't think maidana supporters are delusional like you say. we don't write him off as some complete bum like most do.

tell me about these best days i keep hearing about. even in the ortiz fight, he got knocked down 3 times and looked like he was about to be stopped himself. but he still took the win and made a tough fight out of it as he has consistently done throughout his career since then. he has an arguable win over kotelnik and had khan on the run by the end of the night so i don't know where you get this can't hang with boxers **** from. sure he had a crap performance against alexander but styles make fights. he showed good technical improvements and STOPPED karass who's a solid welterweight with a good chin that kept coming. again, i don't know how that's awful to you.

Comment

Maidana-Berto would be a sight.

Two of the worst fighters in recent years he seem to have big fanbases, for whatever reason, amongst the boxing community.

I probably lean on Maidana solely for the reason he has a style.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                Never ceases to amaze me how delusional people can be about Maidana. Being fun to watch doesn't mean he can hang with boxers like Guerrero or Malinaggi. Was clowned by Alexander and looked awful in the Soto Karas fight. He can still entertain but his best days are behind him.
                He's not shot, number one. Two, the only surefire one I picked him over was Malignagi, who just struggled against Cano. If Maidana knocks Malignagi down like Cano did, he will finish. I think Paulie looked horrible in his last fight and Maidana showed improvement and is coming more into his own under Garcia and adjusted to 147 better than when he got shut out by Devon.

I indicated that I acknowledge Maidana has trouble with boxers, so that made the Guerrero fight a pick em fight. My pick is Maidana, but its a pick em nonetheless. Reason being Guerrero was taking shots against Aydin and in his other fights, he's a boxer but not super slick at all. Maidana can really take him into waters he aint been before. I edge the larger Maidana in that one. Not out of delusion, but reasoned analysis. Maidana has more to his offensive game than someone like Aydin.

Berto needs no further clarification. I feel that fight would be marcos biggest challenge of the three because Berto is big with quick hands. But El chino is who I will be rooting for in that one.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Maidana-Berto would be a sight.

Two of the worst fighters in recent years he seem to have big fanbases, for whatever reason, amongst the boxing community.
                On the contrary, Maidana is Ortiz daddy.. But who got the Floyd fight? Maidana been getting paired tough and passed up by more lucrative opportunities for years. I say give the guy a break. He is a true asset to boxing and deserves his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  i don't think maidana supporters are delusional like you say. we don't write him off as some complete bum like most do.

tell me about these best days i keep hearing about. even in the ortiz fight, he got knocked down 3 times and looked like he was about to be stopped himself. but he still took the win and made a tough fight out of it as he has consistently done throughout his career since then. he has an arguable win over kotelnik and had khan on the run by the end of the night so i don't know where you get this can't hang with boxers **** from. sure he had a crap performance against alexander but styles make fights. he showed good technical improvements and STOPPED karass who's a solid welterweight with a good chin that kept coming. again, i don't know how that's awful to you.
                  well said.....

Comment

I don't know Maidana beats Malignaggi or Guerrero, but I'm almost certain he loses to Berto at 147.

Comment

Malignaggi didn't look too good vs Cano therefore for I would probably give Maidana the edge over him. It almost looked like age caught up with him overnight.

But I don't see Maidana beating Berto or Guerrero. Berto is no quitter and Ortiz WAS beating Maidana till the dumbass quit. By the time Guerrero fights Maidana (if he wins and they fight), Guerrero will be more acclimated to 147 and would probably box Maidana's ears off. Khan did it/was doing it till he got caught.
                      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X