Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios- I don’t understand all the hype surrounding him!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WARGARITO View Post
    That was the corpse of Brandon Rios last night.
    I'm not judging him on that fight!!! I don’t like to judge boxers on one Particular fight... Over all I think he is hyped way too much.. The guy is just a come forward fighter he likes to brawl...

9 out of 10 a boxer beats a brawler...
    Last edited by Box3r; 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      anyone who knows boxing knows that hes a mexican katsidas and will get exposed when he fights someone without a huge weight advantage
      Thank you.. Forget the weight issue, I think a good boxer takes him.. Just like a decent boxer(Peterson) took Ortiz to a draw..

Comment

Originally posted by Box3r View Post
        I'm not judging him on that fight!!! I don’t like to judge boxers on one particle fight... Over all I think he is hyped way too much.. The guy is just a come forward fighter he likes to brawl...

Exactly.

That's why I think out of the top 3, 140 fighters. Khan would completely outclass him.

Comment

Originally posted by DPG View Post
          he's still rising
          Only thing I see getting better of Rios is his power apart from that I don't see his boxing skills getting any better.

Comment

I'm not judging him on that fight!!! I don’t like to judge boxers on one particle fight... Over all I think he is hyped way too much.. The guy is just a come forward fighter he likes to brawl...

If that was the case we would almost never have any world champions who were not slick tacticians.

Comment

Originally posted by War-Robbo View Post
              He is in my top ten favourite fighters currently but i think he is a bit too hyped up, Khan would school him not too sure about Guerrero that would be a good fight and can see that being made at 140, could rios walk him down??
              Defiantly the guy is amazing to watch but it pretty much ends there.. We like all out dog fighters/brawlers.. I loved watching Katsidis but he came up short against boxers.. And I agree I think Khan does skool him but I also personally think Guerrero takes him as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                The guy is tough as shit, has good power, and is well schooled in regards to what he is.....a pressure fighter, he cuts off the ring particularly well.
                Same was said about Maidana and his power surpasses Rios's...

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v4 View Post
                  that wasnt brandon rios last night
                  Who was it then??? Btw i don't go by that fight alone...

Comment

Why can't people just enjoy an exciting and fun fighter? The guy is a brawling machine, he'll either crack the top p4p lists one day or get KTFO trying but he's gonna provide us with some exciting and FOTY worthy fights.

Comment

Same was said about Maidana and his power surpasses Rios's...
                      It is a foolish mindset to think one style is superior to another, better fighters impose their styles on inferior ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X