No announcement yet.

Mayweather's Pot-Shotting is Impossible to Stop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
    Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site
    you think may can run all night long avoiding all of pacs power flurries?

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
      you think may can run all night long avoiding all of pacs power flurries?
      yes.................

Comment

Originally posted by deeznutz27 View Post
        I think this will be the toughest part of the fight for manny. when cotto hopped on his bike and pop shoted, manny got pissed and was getin tagged all over. If floyd uses this strategy it could be a blow out. either way im going to bet on the underdog in this fight.
        What were you watching in the Pac-Cotto fight? Cotto was still getting his ass kicked when he started running, Pac's only frustration was that the ref wasn't stepping in as Cotto had clearly had enough for the night by the 9th, let alone the 12th when it was finally stopped.

Comment

Maybe, but it's possible to outwork him so much you win the rounds anyway. Can Mayweather pot shot off the ground?

Comment

impossible to stop? we will have to wait and see. pac has all the good assets of all the boxers that gave floyd trouble and pac packs more power and speed and agility. floyd has all the good assets of the boxers that gave pac trouble. But I dont think floyd can knock paac out let alone hurt pac much. and speed wise I think floyd is a lil slower now in the welterweights. It will come down to skills, who has more heart and who wants it more. Floyd is fighting for money/fame. Pac is doing it for pursuit, and his country. I feel pac will get the win.

Comment

What were you watching in the Pac-Cotto fight? Cotto was still getting his ass kicked when he started running, Pac's only frustration was that the ref wasn't stepping in as Cotto had clearly had enough for the night by the 9th, let alone the 12th when it was finally stopped.
              yeah the fight had no reason to be after the eighth thats for sure. All I meant was when cotto would land one hard shot and move away, pacquio didnt know what to do. he stood in the middle of the ring and banged his hands together in frustration. I know cotto only did this for maybe 2 minutes and in no way did i think he had a chance. He did have some success with that style and thats what floyd is best at.

Comment

Originally posted by deeznutz27 View Post
                yeah the fight had no reason to be after the eighth thats for sure. All I meant was when cotto would land one hard shot and move away, pacquio didnt know what to do. he stood in the middle of the ring and banged his hands together in frustration. I know cotto only did this for maybe 2 minutes and in no way did i think he had a chance. He did have some success with that style and thats what floyd is best at.
                I don't think it was Pac not knowing what to do, it's just that he turned it down a notch expecting the fight to be stopped. He was still plenty able to get Cotto in a corner or against the ropes and pound away when he wanted. Floyd will definitely have success making Pac chase him, but I wouldn't use what little of it Cotto did as any gauge of Pac's ability to chase someone fighting that way.

Comment

I don't think it was Pac not knowing what to do, it's just that he turned it down a notch expecting the fight to be stopped. He was still plenty able to get Cotto in a corner or against the ropes and pound away when he wanted. Floyd will definitely have success making Pac chase him, but I wouldn't use what little of it Cotto did as any gauge of Pac's ability to chase someone fighting that way.
                  fair enough. I do think he let off the gas after the eighth.

Comment

Mayweather is the best pot shotter in boxing today...he owned Oscar with it, he owned Hatton with it, he embarrassed Marquez with it....how the **** can pacquiao stop it??? imo he can't...Pacmans footwork doesn't mean **** against Mayweather because most of pacquiao's opponents stood right in front of him and traded, Cotto, morales, barrera, hatton....the only reason pacquiao was able to get different angles was because his opponents stood in front of him

...Mayweather will be circling and pot shotting, how can you get different angles when the guy is gonna be running??? people keep talking about how pacquiao's volume of punches will win the fight....wtf...you think mayweather will just lay on the ropes and let pacquiao pick him off with flurries??? ****ing stupid....re watch the Hatton fight....everytime Hatton tried to throw volume punches Mayweather tied him up....

I will bump this thread March 13 to prove i have the highest Boxing IQ on this site
                    TS Is a tool, bookmarked just for fun and see if he'll reply or disappear like the other trolls around NSB...

Comment

Impossible? No, nothing is impossible. It seems that you are thinking that the Pacman will attack Mayweather as Ricky Hatton did in that fight. Wrong! Team Pacquiao is studying all of Pretty Boy's tactics, traps, etc., etc. and will have counter-measures against them. You're fooling yourself into thinking that the Pacman is your ordinary fighter who doesn't have a clue. The Mayweather style is the toughest Manny has ever faced and will present some difficult challenges for him but as with the Cotto fight, I see the Pacman "Breaking Down" Floyd slowly but surely and I won't even be surprised to see Mayweather caught with one of the Pacman's "Bone-Shuddering" left hooks to his jaw. In actuality, I'd like to see this fight go the distance. I don't like short fights ala Pacquiao vs. Hatton. JAT

Comment

Working...
                      X