Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Kessler the number #1 168 Pounder Before fighting Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Kessler the number #1 168 Pounder Before fighting Ward?

Yes, he was.
    Yes
    74.00%
    No
    26.00%

Yes he was. That spot now belongs to Ward.

Comment

You'd have to be borderline ******ed not to think so.

Fact is, as impressive as Bute was tonight (and as someone who doesn't like Bute, there's no denying he was), it doesn't change the fact that Andrade is still very limited, impervious to pain of not.

Andre Ward beat the consensus #1 guy in the division. Andre Ward is the best Super Middleweight in the world. And until Bute defeats Ward or the man that defeats him, he'll have to stay #2.

Comment

Carnivore voted no...

So who did you have ranked as the 168 Pound King???

Comment

Before fighting Ward, Kessler was ranked #3 by both BoxRec and the IBO, behind Bute and Abraham on BoxRec, and behind Bute and Froch on the IBO's ratings. Lets face it, he hadn't done much since Calzaghe.

Boxrec and IBO rankings are based on a computerized system, not on opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
            Carnivore voted no...

So who did you have ranked as the 168 Pound King???
            I was undecided between Abraham and Kessler, and really Bute as well. I wanted to see the results of Abraham-Taylor, Kessler-Ward, and Bute-Andrade II before deciding on the best.

When Joe Calzaghe was at 168, I never had any confusion as to who was the "man".

Comment

Kessler had fought the better opposition between he and Bute. Still has, actually.

Kessler has never come as close to losing as Bute had in the first fight with Andrade, until the Ward fight. After the ratings were naturally implied.

Computerized BoxRec systems had Manny Pacquiao as the champion/number one fighter at 140 before he fought a single fight there. So, that computerized system can kiss my ass.

Comment

Id say yes, but it was kinda an unknown how his inactivity would effect him. He really looked rusty in there, not that the outcome would have been any different.

Comment

Top 5 at 168.

1. Ward.
                  2. Bute.
                  3. Kessler.
                  4. Abraham.
                  5. Froch.

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Madvillain View Post
                    You'd have to be borderline ******ed not to think so.
                    Are you referring to Bhopreign and Burner? They kept saying Kessler is a overrated Euro-bum.

Comment

Working...
                    X