Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hats off to Emmanuel Steward and the professionalism he showed Sat. Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + on to the point, Emmanuel Steward is class act and an asset to boxing.

In the wise words of Lennox Lewis, 'this man can break it down real quick'.

Comment

• Throwing all this racism and invention bull**** aside, I want to know what Floyd sees in Stewart that makes him think Stewart is an "Uncle Tom"

Stewart to me, just seems like a much better person than Floyd in the fabric of life itself. He is smart, articulate and has done more for his own community than Floyd could only dream of. He is also respected by his colleagues and the masses.

So I guess it boils down to this. If I was black and labeled an uncle tom by Floyd I would not be insulted either. That coming from Floyd is a badge of honor.

Comment

• I think he should have addressed it. They've given Larry Merchant hours of airtime in the past and it never amounted to much. Steward has a real topic to comment on and he should have taken the opportunity to address it. Mayweather needs a dose of reality and Steward let this one get away from him. I was disappointed to see him ignore it.

Comment

• Basically, if Floyd likes you, there is probably something wrong with you.

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Throwing all this racism and invention bull**** aside, I want to know what Floyd sees in Stewart that makes him think Stewart is an "Uncle Tom"

Stewart to me, just seems like a much better person than Floyd in the fabric of life itself. He is smart, articulate and has done more for his own community than Floyd could only dream of. He is also respected by his colleagues and the masses.

So I guess it boils down to this. If I was black and labeled an uncle tom by Floyd I would not be insulted either. That coming from Floyd is a badge of honor.

Comment

• I guess it was too much for Gayweather to realize that an authority figure like Steward thought more of his rival Mosley than of him. Or something like that.

Comment

• yeah... steward is supposed to be a professional.

Comment

• Maybe Emmanuel just doesn't value Floyd's opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
                  As a black man myself, I can tell you the worst thing you can accuse another black man of is being a sellout or uncle Tom. Floyd blasted Emmanuel Steward not to long ago with that, and instead of being biased or holding some bitterness inside, Emmanuel Steward still was given Floyd props and his just due.

I was really impressed by that and I'm surprised no one has brought this up. In a time where everyone is biased and let's that get in the way of making a fair assessment, Emmanuel Steward gained a lot of my respect. You just don't see professionalism like that anymore and hats off to Steward for it.
                  Guess you have'nt been following boxing long or watching any mayweather fights. steward is always talking **** about mayweather. he's been attacking mayweather for years.

Comment

• this is stupid thread...great people come in time of great need....

brilliant minds come in all shapes colors and sizes.

an invention in one locale may not be need in an another or another time....doesn't make it more/less important...

about 10 years ago, we had a drought in new jersey. Rivers dried up and they found a tool invented by some tribe made of stones using the current would gather and trap fish. i don't think there a stupid patent to that...

i'm sure some black slave invented something that his master took credit for. and even blacks that weren't slaves...vivien thomas's protocols made it possible for the first open heart surgery...didn't get credit during that time.

this is a topic is just geared to divide...whether or not there was intention

i would hope man invents with moral intentions for the benefit of mankind
                    and those that distort change

Comment

• Manny is the same guy who picked shamba to beat floyd,but still floyd called the man an uncle tom.

If it was me im sorry i wouldn't be able to say anything positive about floyd manny steward is a much better man than me.

Comment

Working...
                      X