No announcement yet.

who's the fighter of the year so far?..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    yah i think donaire has just accomplished more this year than the rest. arce will be a nice action packed fight to close off the year but doesn't do much in term of legacy for donaire.
    Legacy is to be determined at the end of a career. If he fights four times in one year, that's great. All this 'every fight must weigh to legacy' crap is just that.

Crap.

I pay more attention when guys fight once-twice in a year. He just beat #1 and a top five in class in succession. I don't like the Arce fight because Arce hasn't a prayer.

Comment

Garcia, Donaire, Martinez

i think Donaire will have another significant win later this year n will solidify his fighter of the year argument

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Legacy is to be determined at the end of a career. If he fights four times in one year, that's great. All this 'every fight must weigh to legacy' crap is just that.

Crap.

I pay more attention when guys fight once-twice in a year. He just beat #1 and a top five in class in succession. I don't like the Arce fight because Arce hasn't a prayer.
        that's true...i'm also worried about his left hand. i heard it was bloody again. hopefully if he does fight in december it heals properly. not sure it would be a good thing to keep aggravating the wound though.

Comment

wins over Mathebula and Vazquez jr don't get you the fighter of the year not to mention Donaire looked like **** in those fights

for me its Carl Froch if he wins next month or Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            wins over Mathebula and Vazquez jr don't get you the fighter of the year not to mention Donaire looked like **** in those fights

for me its Carl Froch if he wins next month or Bradley
            carl froch has one win this year..and bradley has no chnce at all with that gift decision

Comment

Martinez or Donaire. Hopefully they give it to Marquez after he gets ripped again this december.

Comment

Donaire probably.

After he knocks out Arce he'll definitely get it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Donaire probably.

After he knocks out Arce he'll definitely get it.
                  When was the last time a guy went four times in one year at this level?

Comment

Martinez , matthysse and garcia in that order

Comment

Sergio Martinez or Donaire.

Danny Garcia had the opportunity to take it by fighting a top guy on October 20 but chose the Morales rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X