No announcement yet.

Mike Jones could've won by KO or tKO if he put together more combinations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jones could've won by KO or tKO if he put together more combinations

I think in between the 9 or 10th round Goosen was seriously considering stopping the fight if Soto-Karas took heavy punishment, but Jones has scared as **** of gassing out again... If he just put together more 1-3 punch combos, Goosen would've stopped the fight.

I'm not saying Jones should have threw a 10 punch combo... but he should've threw more punches. I really believe Goosen would've thrown in the towel rather than see Soto-Karass take more punishment.

but in the 11th Jones let Soto-Karas catch a second wind, and in the 12 round Karas was really fresh while Jones was just trying to hold on to the victory.

Jones needs a lot more work... good boxer, but still not elite.

Jones/Berto is a boring fight, and I have Berto winning.
    Last edited by Pullcounter; 02-20-2011, 12:43 AM.

Donaire is the man of the night.

Comment

i was saying the same thing, that all it took was a series of combo's for the ref to waive it off, all bayless was looking for was an excuse, seemed like karass kept keeping himself in there.

props to karass for gutting that fight out and kudos to jones for sticking to his guns, sad to say though, donaire really did take the cake on this card though.

jones is a work in progress but i like what i see, he needs more tough fights to really see if he's ready for the top of the heap.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
        i was saying the same thing, that all it took was a series of combo's for the ref to waive it off, all bayless was looking for was an excuse, seemed like karass kept keeping himself in there.

props to karass for gutting that fight out and kudos to jones for sticking to his guns, sad to say though, donaire really did take the cake on this card though.

jones is a work in progress but i like what i see, he needs more tough fights to really see if he's ready for the top of the heap.
        I like jones, but he's still a little unpolished. maybe making 147 lbs is hurting his stamina. I know he didn't want to gas out like he did in the last fight, but I agree with you, that people were looking for jones to put karass out of his misery. I mean he was bleeding form both cuts above both eyes and peope were just looking for an excuse to stop the fight.

Comment

i think the reason he didnt was for the experience of going 12. this was more a test than anything. he wanted to stay in the fight without gassing himself out like last time. im almost certain his 2nds told him to pace himself. he had karass a few times, but this wasnt a go out there and knock him out type fight. more learning experience.

Comment

you tried to KO the guy in the 1st Fight and you wore yourself trying to finish him the 2nd

why can't people just understand that Soto Karass has a GREAT CHIN, so instead of making that mistake again by going for the KO, Jones showed patients and took the UD

yeah yeah yeah the average boxing fan wants to see KO's but at the same time nobody is just going to let you KO them just to please the crowd

Jones fought the perfect fight against Soto Karass, he used his Speed and Footwork advantage and was sticking and moving and did a great job using that JAB, he was landing that all night...JONES DID WHAT HE HAD TO DO TO WIN!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-20-2011, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              i think the reason he didnt was for the experience of going 12. this was more a test than anything. he wanted to stay in the fight without gassing himself out like last time. im almost certain his 2nds told him to pace himself. he had karass a few times, but this wasnt a go out there and knock him out type fight. more learning experience.
              yeah, but jones didn't really impress. who knows when he will be on HBO airwaves again.

I mean, he wasn't shutting out soto-karas, so he needed a stoppage IMHO to make a case to fight berto whom arum is targeting.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                you tried to KO the guy in the 1st Fight and you wore yourself trying to finish him the 2nd

why can't people just understand that Soto Karass has a GREAT CHIN, so instead of making that mistake again by going for the KO, Jones showed patients and took the UD

yeah yeah yeah the average boxing fan wants to see KO's but at the same time nobody is just going to let you KO them just to please the crowd

Jones fought the perfect fight against Soto Karass, he used his Speed and Footwork advantage and was sticking and moving and did a great job using that JAB, he was landing that all night...JONES DID WHAT HE HAD TO DO TO WIN!
                I agree... but goosen was gonna stop the fight if jones just threw more combinations... not too much that he'd gass, but just enough to get goosen to throw in the towel.

imho, jones needed to impress with a stoppage cause he wasn't dominating the fight.

Comment

Working...
                X