Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank's last 2 events=2.1 million PPV Buys. Boxing=4.8 million PPV buys in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank's last 2 events=2.1 million PPV Buys. Boxing=4.8 million PPV buys in 2011

That is how you finish out the year. Good work. Boxing generated about 4.8-5 million PPV Buys in 2011.

These are real actual numbers from sources outside Golden Boy/Top Rank and they are not stupid blown out of proportion ufc/mma numbers. These PPV buys are only for American Television (HBO/Showtime).

Cotto vs. Mayorga- 250k Buys
    Pacquiao vs. Mosley- slightly over 1.3 million Buys
    Mayweather vs. Ortiz- 1.25 million Buys
    Pacquiao vs. Marquez III- 1.4 million Buys
    Cotto vs. Margarito II- slightly over 600k Buys
    Hopkins vs. Dawson- a little under 50k
    Maidana vs. Morales- 50k Buys

Comment

Almost population of Ireland. Another 2 mil and you're there..lol

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
        That is how you finish out the year. Good work. Boxing generated about 4.8-5 million PPV Buys in 2011.

These are real actual numbers from sources outside Golden Boy/Top Rank and they are not stupid blown out of proportion ufc/mma numbers. These PPV buys are only for American Television (HBO/Showtime).

Cotto vs. Mayorga- 250k Buys
        Pacquiao vs. Mosley- slightly over 1.3 million Buys
        Mayweather vs. Ortiz- 1.25 million Buys
        Pacquiao vs. Marquez III- 1.4 million Buys
        Cotto vs. Margarito II- slightly over 600k Buys
        Hopkins vs. Dawson- a little under 50k
        Maidana vs. Morales- 50k Buys
        interesting.....

so according to these actual numbers, Manny not only fought more than floyd this year, but OUTSOLD HIM BOTH TIMES.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
          interesting.....

so according to these actual numbers, Manny not only fought more than floyd this year, but OUTSOLD HIM BOTH TIMES.
          Correct and please do not turn this into a ***** vs ******* thread I beg you.

Comment

where did you get these figures?

Comment

Also Pacquiao vs. Marquez III was the most watched Boxing match in Mexican Television History peaking at about 43.5 million viewers.

Klitschko vs. Haye was watched by approximately 500 million+ people.

These are obviously worldwide figures not just American TV now lol and not PPV.

Comment

when did the offical cotto/margarito 2 and pac/marquez 3 numbers come out?
                Last edited by Digital Hu$tler; 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
                  Correct and please do not turn this into a ***** vs ******* thread I beg you.
                  copy. i'll be judicial in what i'll post from hereon. i should have said "interesting figures" and left it at that.

i apologize.

Comment

it's just a shame that every single one of those fights, with the exception of cotto/marg and maidana/morales, was very disappointing. . . especially for the average viewer. . . pac/marquez had it's moments, but it was more of a chess match. . . lacked the clean punching, and dramatic two-way action of the first two fights.

ortiz/may was heating up, but fizzled out in the most anticlimactic way possible. . . and dawson/hopkins; yeah, i just want to forget about that. . .

it's good we sold so many buys, but at the same time, i wonder how many of the casual fans who bought the fights were disappointed? it's a double-edged sword kind of thing. .

Comment

Working...
                    X