Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Manny passed Oscar De La Hoya's popularity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Manny passed Oscar De La Hoya's popularity?

While I don't think so yet....another spectacular win and I feel he does. His fan base is growing like crazy and watch how his fights start to do big numbers from now on. While his fight with Clottey might do big, I think both his fights with Shane and Toney both do atleast 1.5 million buys each.

BTW I know I'm jumping the gun and a lot depends on how good he continues to look but I really see this happening.

Not yet imo.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      While I don't think so yet....another spectacular win and I feel he does. His fan base is growing like crazy and watch how his fights start to do big numbers from now on. While his fight with Clottey might do big, I think both his fights with Shane and Toney both do atleast 1.5 million buys each.

BTW I know I'm jumping the gun and a lot depends on how good he continues to look but I really see this happening.
      no one can get close to oscar's mainstream popularity.

closest is floyd and manny in the u.s. right now but they are way behind oscar's level.

floyd talks a good game but rarely delivers a good fight.

manny delivers good fights but the guy can barely speak his own language let alone english.

Comment

Not even close. De La Hoya's popularity transcended the sport like only a few (Sugar Ray Leonard and Muhammad Ali) did before him.

Comment

one thing is for certain, pac is now the real cash cow after oscar.

Comment

Yeah I agree not yet, but what about if he beats Clottey in spectacular fashion and if He fights and beats Mosley in spectacular fashion? Even then, Im not saying he will but his popularity in the state will be crazy.

BTW again I'm saying he has now, will then or ever will; I'm just posing the question to gets peoples opinion on how Pacquiao's success and star potential.

Comment

oscar dela who?

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post

I dont think so, Oscar was the golden boy literally ppv wise.

Comment

lololol

Originally posted by bootneck View Post
                  no one can get close to oscar's mainstream popularity.

Closest is floyd and manny in the u.s. Right now but they are way behind oscar's level.

Floyd talks a good game but rarely delivers a good fight.

manny delivers good fights but the guy can barely speak his own language let alone english.
                  --------------------------------------

Comment

He is close to pass Oscars popularity.

Really really close.

Comment

Working...
                    X