Classic Posts by our friends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calm down

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    Can you produce one piece of physical evidence that you were with Tyson? When I google search your name, I don't get a damn thing except your boxingscene profile. When I google search mine, I get pages and pages of hits. Even a picture of me standing next to a boxer who held several belts (imagine that!). Step up already.
    Look, Ray has told you what he did, you ever heard of the word psuedonym ?. It isn't wise to use your real identity anywhere on the internet. If Ray feels like providing evidence that is his choice but you are just casting aspersions on his word and without any proof. Mike Tyson's height can be easily googled but the point he made was simply that Ray thought Marciano was physically bigger and height is not the be all and end all is it, weight and bone and muscle is far more important. To get into the world of pure physics, it isn't the height or length that decides what gravity force an object has but its DENSITY, humans are large enough to affect gravity, (did you know that in terms of gravitational effect on the earth, the Moon's gravitational pull is about equal to a pea one foot above your head, and that is still enough to affect the tides .... ok, sorry for the science tidbit but hell, I find that fact amazing). --------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have respect for Ray's opinion, I am very curious as to why you don't, but please don't just go around calling people liars. I met ted Goodwin and became a friend of his (Ted was a great rugby league player and a legend in Australia) but I am not going to bother to provide proof, you can either take my word for it. I have seen Jeff fenech in the flash a few times too but again, I don't give two ****s if people don't believe me, I suspect that Ray feels the same way. Ray has been around many decades, I get the feeling you are yet to reach your 3rd decade.

Comment

OK GUYS, this is my thread and the thread has lost the plot from what it was put here for. The discussion about Tyson/Marciano has run its course the two are similar in size and besides that, it would not be the deciding factor in the fight between them. Marciano like him or not had a far more stellar career than Tyson did, he never lost, retired as champ, that is as good as a career can get. I don't even rate Tyson as good as Holyfield and ffs, Evander smashed his ass and proved it beyond doubt. The records are statistical, Rocky has better stats, they couldn't possibly have ever met in the ring so who gives a rats. Tyson's losses can not be erased from the books, if some are not happy about that then tough *******. No more Tyson v Rocky in this thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
        Look, Ray has told you what he did, you ever heard of the word psuedonym ?. It isn't wise to use your real identity anywhere on the internet.
        Not to keep it going, but he says its his real name and only ******* use different names on the Internet. Its for girls who know nothing about boxing and just want to hide behind a keyboard etc etc. He's a real man for using his real name supposedly, so it's not a pseudonym.

This place gathers some funny folk.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Not to keep it going, but he says its his real name and only ******* use different names on the Internet. Its for girls who know nothing about boxing and just want to hide behind a keyboard etc etc. He's a real man for using his real name supposedly, so it's not a pseudonym.

This place gathers some funny folk.
          I don't want to enter into it, I just want the thread to get back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            I messaged Vinny Paz about the picture I had seen of them and asked him about Tyson's actual size, this is his response...

"He's 5'9" and bigg Just the angle makes me look bigger Joe! Fuk that!! I don't wanna get hit by that muthafukr!"
            Haha Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Haha Brilliant!
              Yay, that's what this thread is about, keep them coming. I just saw "Eaging Bull" again last night and there are some classic quotes in that movie. I reckon it is De Niro's greatest performance. LOL, it doesn't seem like Jake was much fun to be around.

Comment

when did ray work the corner with Mike? Major kudos to the person who can find a pic of him alongside rooney or atlas or mike.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  Look, Ray has told you what he did, you ever heard of the word psuedonym ?. It isn't wise to use your real identity anywhere on the internet. If Ray feels like providing evidence that is his choice but you are just casting aspersions on his word and without any proof. Mike Tyson's height can be easily googled but the point he made was simply that Ray thought Marciano was physically bigger and height is not the be all and end all is it, weight and bone and muscle is far more important. To get into the world of pure physics, it isn't the height or length that decides what gravity force an object has but its DENSITY, humans are large enough to affect gravity, (did you know that in terms of gravitational effect on the earth, the Moon's gravitational pull is about equal to a pea one foot above your head, and that is still enough to affect the tides .... ok, sorry for the science tidbit but hell, I find that fact amazing). --------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have respect for Ray's opinion, I am very curious as to why you don't, but please don't just go around calling people liars. I met ted Goodwin and became a friend of his (Ted was a great rugby league player and a legend in Australia) but I am not going to bother to provide proof, you can either take my word for it. I have seen Jeff fenech in the flash a few times too but again, I don't give two ****s if people don't believe me, I suspect that Ray feels the same way. Ray has been around many decades, I get the feeling you are yet to reach your 3rd decade.
                  Well, you don't base your existence on this forum around your relationship to Ted Goodwin and imply that everyone else's opinions in regard to him (including countlessly repeated physical measurements) are s hit.

(He also called me "Cardinal Punk" once. You didn't.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    Well, you don't base your existence on this forum around your relationship to Ted Goodwin and imply that everyone else's opinions in regard to him (including countlessly repeated physical measurements) are s hit.

(He also called me "Cardinal Punk" once. You didn't.)
                    Ahh, old Teddy, brings back memories of a famous try he made to win St. George the grand final. I would never have known him but for the fact that I worked with his brother and got friendly. He asked me a few times to take up rugby league again but tbh, I think it would have been safer to take up boxing, (that game is monstrously tough on a bloke unless he has thick bones, and even then they get busted up bad. I liken the experience of playing the game as running full speed into a brick wall, continuously). It was nice of him to offer though but I hadn't played in 4 years so I was past it (tbh, I knew I was mediocre at best). As for the name Ray called you, at least it was imaginative.. to a point. I do think you need to open your mind up a bit towards veterans like him and to the reality of old time boxing (see raging Bull) because the fighters pre 70's were off the planet in toughness and in the skills of boxing (not always visible or understandable to the eye), they knew what WORKED because they fought everybody and often and with practice they cut down on flashy stuff that doesn't work (like wing chun cobra tiger fu). they also had to fight in much much larger and diverse talent pool than is possible today. Old film never does justice to sportsmen, trust me, in HD Rocky Marciano would look far more impressive and scarier than you see in B&W, what with all the blood spraying an all.

Comment

^Mike Tyson wasn't pre-seventies, unless we're talking about his birthday.

Comment

Working...
                      X