Instant Replay In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
    Yes.

I dont like the ides at all. It wastes time. Kills momentum. Allows a fighter to recover. ITS JUST STUPID.
    reading comprehension

"Kizer said the instant replay will be used to see if there is a foul in stoppage of a fight but not to review the knockdown calls made by the referee."

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      reading comprehension

"Kizer said the instant replay will be used to see if there is a foul in stoppage of a fight but not to review the knockdown calls made by the referee."
      True but eventually they should use it for controversial knockdowns IMO. But he fact that they're using instant replay for the first time for Pac-Marquez is a great start.

Comment

Why NOT review knockdown calls as well? So boxing if finally going to use this useful feature but they're not going to use it during an event that can decide which fighter gets the round? I just don't get that.

Comment

good
          but in this fight it won't be needed
          piss drinker is gonna die

Comment

I can't see how anyone who has ever actually boxed could see this as a good idea...you get wobbled and then they take a timeout to review the knockdown?

I know this doesn't apply to this particular fight, but it creates a slippery slope.

If you can't see why this is a ******ed idea, you are either A) a god tier boxer who has never been rocked in their life or B) never boxed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny#1ATG View Post
              I can't see how anyone who has ever actually boxed could see this as a good idea...you get wobbled and then they take a timeout to review the knockdown?

I know this doesn't apply to this particular fight, but it creates a slippery slope.

If you can't see why this is a ******ed idea, you are either A) a god tier boxer who has never been rocked in their life or B) never boxed at all.
              What I can't see is how they can't do this between rounds so as to avoid stopping the clock and affecting the momentum fight. The ref can do his thing but if there's any doubt or disagreement, he should be able to review the video after the round is over and make any call corrections if needed.

Comment

Not a bad idea because we all know fights where it was needed, It would add 2 hours to a ten round bout.

Comment

Working...
                X