Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: Fighting Spence Would Be "Foolish" for Crawford's Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Because past history is the context! Do we get mismatches from other promoters besides PBC? Do other promoters delay fights, or protect their fighters? So why all the hate for PBC? We get good fights with PBC and most of the time, they are not PPVs. 2017 is looking real good, and for all the haters, this is what we got in 2016:

2/27: Frampton vs. Quigg
    4/16: Glowacki vs. Cunningham
    4/16: Spence Jr. vs. Algieri
    4/30: DeGale vs. Medina
    4/30: Jack vs. Bute
    5/21: Charlo vs. Trout
    5/21: Charlo vs. Jackson
    6/11: Provodnikov vs. Molina
    6/18: Fonfara vs. Joe Smith Jr.
    6/18: Payano vs. Warren
    6/25: Thurman vs. Porter
    7/2: Herring vs. Shafikov
    7/29: Stevenson vs. Williams
    7/30: Santa Cruz vs. Frampton
    7/30: Garcia vs. Rojas
    9/9: Easter vs. Comney
    12/10: Charlo vs. Williams
    12/10: Cuellar vs. Mares

Are all of these "must see TV?" NO! But is the quality less than TR, GBP, Roc Nation, or K2? NO! I want to see PBC succeed, and continue to do things like Thurman vs. Garcia on CBS! That's how you make the sport better! You can't make the sport better by charging us $70 for everything!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      yeah but what broner fails to calculate is that crawford is actually good and not an overrated clown like himself so that changes the dynamics.
      Weight plays a huge factor in this fight, not skills. Skills pays the bills but they invented weight classes for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        If they hated 2016, they gonna take hate to a new level for 2017!

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
          Everything in the world doesn't revolve around those two. Arum has been letting fights "marinate". His fighters never fight outside the house when their is a chance at a loss. After jack Johnson lost his belts the white champ refused to fight another black fighter, and Floyd Patterson avoided Liston as long as he could. Fighters have always made business decisions, don't act like this is something new, and unless you are personally going to guarantee that these fighters will get the same purses in their following fights after losses, like every other sport does, then you have no right to tell them how to operate their livelihood.
          After they lose? Why would Crawford assume he would lose? You want him to get the same $ after he loses but would you say he should only get the same $ after he wins? No you'd say he should get more. So that's the fair trade off. Win and get more, lose and get less but still good money. It's not like a loss automatically makes you a homeless guy with no money for food or something.

And Arum lets his guys fight outside plenty. He was the one suing Haymon and in the settlement pushing for Haymon to let his guys fight Arum's guys, not Haymon. Arum has historically always made big fights with Don King and other promoters. Recently he let Lomachenko face Gary Russell and I'm sure he'd love to put Valdez in there with the Haymon featherweights and so on and so forth. Every promoter protects their assets to some degree but until Haymon came around we NEVER saw Arum taking 9 years to make a fight like Floyd did with Pacquiao. We never saw **** like Adonis Stevenson winning a belt on HBO, building up towards Kovalev, Kovalev on his undercard, then bolting last second to Showtime, then STILL not making the fight, and STILL not fighting anyone. With Arum we never saw **** like "Beterbiev will definitely fight Kovalev if he gets an offer," then Kovalev makes an offer they even admit is fair, but they decline.

They wouldn't let ANY of their guys fight Kovalev. And until GGG turned 34, wouldn't let ANY of their guys fight him either.

Comment

You GGG fans always want others to move up.

Floyd moved up lots of times....so has Broner.
            Crawford is not a WW...he just got to 140 from 135.
            Crawford weighs almost 160 on fight night. And GGG moved up more from age 19 than Ward, Canelo, and many others have. He just joined the pros late so he was already fully grown by that point. Guys like Mayweather started pro when they were teenagers so of course they grew after. They also were very good at cutting weight, probably used PEDs, to get artificially low, take titles off smaller guys, then move up so they can say they're multi-division champions like that's an accomplishment when you're beating up smaller guys. Like look at Broner he was unbeatable at 135. Why? Broner is some all time great fighter? No man he just had the ways to drain down and rehydrate and beat up smaller guys who couldn't handle his power. Floyd did the same early in his career. He's actually a big welterweight. 72 inch reach is 1.5 inches longer than GGG so how come we never saw Floyd at middleweight? Exactly. He brainwashed you with all the lies that he weighed 150 on fight night but then you see how the showtime weights are manipulated (JROC-Charlo for instance) and how when Floyd hid his fight night weight vs Pacquiao, also used illegal IVs which he said was because he was dehydrated.

You really think this dude walks around at 150 if he couldn't make 147 without being dehydrated? Either that or he was lying and it was to mask PEDs, in which case it's totally irrelevant how many weight classes Floyd moved up because he was a cheater. In that case using PEDs will definitely let you climb weight classes in unnatural ways.

Last but not least, I DO want GGG to move up. I want to see #1 at 160 vs #1 at 168, Gilberto Ramirez. I have been pushing for the best guys to agree to fight GGG and I hope we see all those fights with GGG. The best guys 154 through 170 fighting GGG between 160 and 170. Want to see all those fights.

But man don't bring up Floyd as a positive example for anything in boxing. Dude is the Lance Armstrong of boxing and is totally irrelevant to anyone who knows the facts. The man is a liar and a con man basically who it looks like used PEDs, cherry picking, corrupt commissions and favorable refs, and an unlikeable persona to create a money making illusion. He's a hustler, a cheater, a liar, but not a champion. He conned the fans out of a lot of money, so you can give him credit for that if you're dumb enough to think that's a good thing, but stop talking about his ring accomplishments as if he has any. It looks like he's a cheater so throw it all out. He's a fake. They call him Fraud Mayweather for a reason. So long as GGG is clean, he has already accomplished more than Floyd because he is actually fighting EVERYONE of EVERY STYLE in his division, cleaning it out, something Floyd NEVER did always picked the right guys at the right time, and most importantly, if he's clean, then he's clean, so it actually counts.

Roided up victories over cherry picks does not count, I don't care how many weight classes you do it in.
            Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-18-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Crawford weighs almost 160 on fight night. And GGG moved up more from age 19 than Ward, Canelo, and many others have. He just joined the pros late so he was already fully grown by that point. Guys like Mayweather started pro when they were teenagers so of course they grew after. They also were very good at cutting weight, probably used PEDs, to get artificially low, take titles off smaller guys, then move up so they can say they're multi-division champions like that's an accomplishment when you're beating up smaller guys. Like look at Broner he was unbeatable at 135. Why? Broner is some all time great fighter? No man he just had the ways to drain down and rehydrate and beat up smaller guys who couldn't handle his power. Floyd did the same early in his career. He's actually a big welterweight. 72 inch reach is 1.5 inches longer than GGG so how come we never saw Floyd at middleweight? Exactly. He brainwashed you with all the lies that he weighed 150 on fight night but then you see how the showtime weights are manipulated (JROC-Charlo for instance) and how when Floyd hid his fight night weight vs Pacquiao, also used illegal IVs which he said was because he was dehydrated.

You really think this dude walks around at 150 if he couldn't make 147 without being dehydrated? Either that or he was lying and it was to mask PEDs, in which case it's totally irrelevant how many weight classes Floyd moved up because he was a cheater. In that case using PEDs will definitely let you climb weight classes in unnatural ways.

Last but not least, I DO want GGG to move up. I want to see #1 at 160 vs #1 at 168, Gilberto Ramirez. I have been pushing for the best guys to agree to fight GGG and I hope we see all those fights with GGG. The best guys 154 through 170 fighting GGG between 160 and 170. Want to see all those fights.

But man don't bring up Floyd as a positive example for anything in boxing. Dude is the Lance Armstrong of boxing and is totally irrelevant to anyone who knows the facts. The man is a liar and a con man basically who it looks like used PEDs, cherry picking, corrupt commissions and favorable refs, and an unlikeable persona to create a money making illusion. He's a hustler, a cheater, a liar, but not a champion. He conned the fans out of a lot of money, so you can give him credit for that if you're dumb enough to think that's a good thing, but stop talking about his ring accomplishments as if he has any. It looks like he's a cheater so throw it all out. He's a fake. They call him Fraud Mayweather for a reason. So long as GGG is clean, he has already accomplished more than Floyd because he is actually fighting EVERYONE of EVERY STYLE in his division, cleaning it out, something Floyd NEVER did always picked the right guys at the right time, and most importantly, if he's clean, then he's clean, so it actually counts.

Roided up victories over cherry picks does not count, I don't care how many weight classes you do it in.

Wow, lots of hate. Floyd has no accomplishments? The Lance Armstrong of boxing? PED cheater? If only you had some facts/proof to back up your stupid accusations. Hate the guy all you want, but he has accomplished a lot, and done a lot for the sport.
              You sound like someone butt hurt because you bet against Mayweather.

Comment

Broner does know first hand how good Spence is. I saw a few different interviews from guys that were there and saw Spence beat the piss out of Broner, and several (including Spence) saying he knocked Broner out, or down to the point it had to be stopped. It was maybe last year or the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  After they lose? Why would Crawford assume he would lose? You want him to get the same $ after he loses but would you say he should only get the same $ after he wins? No you'd say he should get more. So that's the fair trade off. Win and get more, lose and get less but still good money. It's not like a loss automatically makes you a homeless guy with no money for food or something.

And Arum lets his guys fight outside plenty. He was the one suing Haymon and in the settlement pushing for Haymon to let his guys fight Arum's guys, not Haymon. Arum has historically always made big fights with Don King and other promoters. Recently he let Lomachenko face Gary Russell and I'm sure he'd love to put Valdez in there with the Haymon featherweights and so on and so forth. Every promoter protects their assets to some degree but until Haymon came around we NEVER saw Arum taking 9 years to make a fight like Floyd did with Pacquiao. We never saw **** like Adonis Stevenson winning a belt on HBO, building up towards Kovalev, Kovalev on his undercard, then bolting last second to Showtime, then STILL not making the fight, and STILL not fighting anyone. With Arum we never saw **** like "Beterbiev will definitely fight Kovalev if he gets an offer," then Kovalev makes an offer they even admit is fair, but they decline.

They wouldn't let ANY of their guys fight Kovalev. And until GGG turned 34, wouldn't let ANY of their guys fight him either.
                  If they have a contract they should consistently get good money. That's what I'd prefer. No more no less.

If Arum let's outside tough outside fights happen often please give me a few examples, because myself or no one else on this forum is able to name any times.

Lomo fighting Russell was a purse bid fight AND it involved a Haymon fighter so please don't say Haymon stops those types of fights and use one of them as an example.

Floyd/Pac debacle was on Arum just as much if not more so on Arum and Pac. I guess you don't remember the tatooed Pac's needle phobia or the negotiations that never were etc etc.

GGG and Kovavlev's team get in their own way so I'm not concerned there. I guess you conviently forgot the accepted purse bid for Stevenson Kovalev that Kovalev dropped out of or how ggg seems to have failed negotiations with everyone.

SO again stop trying to put this on two people who are only part of the story. I haven't seen a TR/GB fight yet worthwhile, but you seem to think its all greenlights on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                    im saying posters around here and fans require them to
                    Not really. The only guy being asked to move up is GGG.

Comment

Broner can give advice to whoever he wants to.

He's done more than most..at least he had balls to move up.
                      He moved up and got soundly beat, he is a joke always folds under pressure and has been spoonfed title shots. He cant hang with elite fighters. Crawford beats him, anyone of top five ww beats him. Thats why he has to stick to guys like Theophane to look good. Plus that garbage personality of his, you would have to be a complete moron to take advice from this clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X