Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Krusher" Kovalev vs RJJ@ 168-175lbs/12-12.5 Stone. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a no-brainer. Jones was able to go up to HW and win a belt there against a top 5 guy - and Kovalev ain't punching harder than any HW in the top 5.

Jones by KO, mid to late rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
      Yeah.

I never thought Roy could ruin his legacy, but I guess he has done, because a lot of these guys are looking at how devastating Kov is, as well as who's destroyed Roy over the last 10 years.

I think a lot of these guys either never saw Roy's prime, or they've forgotten just what a phenom he was in the 90's.
      a lot of posters on this site refuse to do their research on a topic or fighter but have an opinion

What I've noticed is, most the people on this forum don't know anybody who didn't fight this decade and Roy was at his best in the 90s and it was over by 03-04

Any body with a brain who witnessed his prime live, like we did, would know know whats up

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I think people are overlooking Kovalev.
        It would have been an extremely dangerous fight for Roy. I've no doubt about that. But I think he's very hittable, and Roy would have to be favoured big at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by KOVALBOXER View Post
          Kovalev hasn't fought enough yet for these guys to see what we see.

Hopefully this year goes well for Kov, him beating Pascal, Stevenson, and Ward all in 12 months... will prove what a beast he is
          I can see what you can see.

But the reality is: his best win was against a 50 year old Bernard Hopkins, and Jean Pascal (who literally wasn't even half as good as Roy was) repeatedly tagged him with ease throughout their fight.

There's no way he should be favoured over a prime version of Roy at this stage. But like you say, let's wait and see what happens. It's going to be very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            a lot of posters on this site refuse to do their research on a topic or fighter but have an opinion

What I've noticed is, most the people on this forum don't know anybody who didn't fight this decade and Roy was at his best in the 90s and it was over by 03-04

Any body with a brain who witnessed his prime live, like we did, would know know whats up
            I agree entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
              I agree entirely.
              spades and spade.....Been on this forum for years...had other names for myself but this is a constant problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                spades and spade.....Been on this forum for years...had other names for myself but this is a constant problem.
                Kovalev takes a prime Roy to the corner and mauls him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  Calzaghe might have a chance to beat Kovalev.
                  lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
                    This is a no-brainer. Jones was able to go up to HW and win a belt there against a top 5 guy - and Kovalev ain't punching harder than any HW in the top 5.

Jones by KO, mid to late rounds.
                    ruiz has the embarrassing distinction of being beaten by 2 former middleweight champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
                      lol.
                      Even I was rolling after that one lol

Comment

Working...
                      X