Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is America too rich to produce a hungry HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m sure that as soon as the klitschko retires american promoters will start to invest in new hw figures. They have been scared for years.

Comment

The idea that you have to be dirt poor to become a hungry and great fighter has been disproven over and over. Profoundly internally driven people come from all walks of life. I can name several great fighter who came from money. Stupid people don't want to accept it, assuming life must make people soft who aren't from the streets. It just isn't the case. Being driven and athletically gifted happens to people in all walks of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        The klitschkos dont come from a hard background and are very successful
        The Klitschko bros would be playing football if they were born in America, both probably TE's or DE's.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          The klitschkos dont come from a hard background and are very successful
          Do you know which sports are popular in Ukraine?

I can't imagine Vitali and Wlad playing any other sport with their huge sizes. Other than basketball or rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Yes they did man, those eastern block fighters grew up cold, they were disciplined and never pampered. I saw their documentary those bros grew up poor.
            They did not grow up poor, wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Do you know which sports are popular in Ukraine?

I can't imagine Vitali and Wlad playing any other sport with their huge sizes. Other than basketball or rugby.
              Football, idk about rugby

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Like Natas said, no use in turning to boxing when you can start of at $400-500k a year as a rookie playing NFL/NBA/MLB.

Also, American schools don't support boxing, not even an amateur program. Amateur boxing is safer than football.

Like I said, the minimum for a rookie in any of these three leagues is $400-500k/year and it has to go up. How long does it take for a boxer to make $400-500k a fight? I'm talking about the whackest players of these leagues, they start off at 400-500k. The journeyman of football, baseball, basketball, they guys are way more paid.

Why box? And why go through the hell of paying $100-250 a month for a boxing gym, when you can go to high school/college and play a sport for free, possibly get a scholarship?

People call it a myth, but it's no myth. American athletes are not stupid. They know where the money is. You have to really love boxing and have been grown in to it to actually choose it over pro football/basketball.
                This arguements is weak. The percentage of people who make the NFL/NBA is like .00000001......we gonna act like there's no more athletes in that other 99% of people in the United States?

Also with this NFL/NBA logic..... It's safe to say the reason European fighters don't dominate the lower weight classes is cause they're all playing soccer, correct? A 19 year old soccer stud in Europe makes EVEN MORE then a rookie in the NFL/NBA....yet there's still plenty of good fighters from Europe from 130-200... Come on now, stop with these silly excuses as to why there's no good American HW's...... AND to top it all off, even if those NBA/NFL Players DID box, so what? You act as if if all these NBA/NFL players boxed from a young age, they'd be world class fighters just because....sorry bro doesn't work like that.
                Last edited by King_; 12-22-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  The idea that you have to be dirt poor to become a hungry and great fighter has been disproven over and over. Profoundly internally driven people come from all walks of life. I can name several great fighter who came from money. Stupid people don't want to accept it, assuming life must make people soft who aren't from the streets. It just isn't the case. Being driven and athletically gifted happens to people in all walks of life.
                  It is known that people that works hard from their childhood has far stronger bone structure, they will be tougher.

Comment

Takes too damn long to develop as a boxer and get to the big money, you got athletes who come from poor families, they can't afford to wait that damn long

this is why some go persue other sports first then maybe comeback to boxing later...top athletes are just not choosing boxing over those other Sports and they won't

Also it is no boxing in high school, do they give out boxing scholarships to go to college? The others sports give those out and without them a lot of top athletes wouldn't be able to afford to go to college

Just so things to think about, boxing in high school with the opportunity for kids to go to college on boxing scholarships would really help the sport!

Comment

Wlad would is the boxing version of Rob Gronkowski.

Comment

Working...
                      X