No announcement yet.

HBO Commentators

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    That sounds like an interesting idea. Why was it taken down, something illegal about it?

I think you meant Lederman scoring cards.
    probably some copyright bs.

Comment

I like Jones jr. and Steward. Can't stand Lampley and Kellerman.

Comment

Merchant needs to be on there at all times
        his quips are hilarious, especially during slow fights
        the rest of the team is ok, but Lampley nuthugs too much
        it depends on whether or not a guy one of them likes is fighting

Comment

for real doe they need to fire merchant, kellerman and lampley , for real they are biased and suk so much they arent even boxers or trainers they dony know **** about the sport

Comment

I pay attention to them less and less these days. I just focus on the fight and tune them out, they become this background noise between punches.

Lampley is the worst of them, he just tries to make a particular fighter look good instead of just describing what he sees. Khan gets beat up by Garcia after his knockdown, he lands two punches and Lampley is like "and now Khan is taking over!". He ignores the other fighter's work and calls punches that don't even land or confuses headshots with bodyshots and vice versa.

I think it was in the Mitchell/Witherspoon fight that he called the KO punch a bodyshot when it was a chin shot. After he watched the replay he was like "my bad I couldn't see because the referee was blocking my view" or something like that. Motherfucka if you can't see then just say so, don't make shit up!

Comment

Yep its going overhand with the praising of fighters it does an injustice to the underdog fighter and the public. It is what it is. In the long run they do damage to boxing because hype jobs are going to crumble sooner or later and theyre opinion will be less and less credible as it is right now. And like it or not HBO is the network who carries boxing and they are the voice.

Kellerman and merchant are more upfront but lampley is on the landslide ugly!

Comment

HBO sucks donkeyballs i like show times commentators

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                  BRITISH COMMENTARY IS THE BEST... None-bias even if one of their countryman is involved... No falsifying or manipulating what the audience sees, they only call punches that actually land cleanly, and they don't try to over-hype a glancing blow or an un-obvious miss (see: "BANG BANG BANG")
                  Okay I agree with you that Brit commentary is more accurate at calling landed punches, but the non-bias statement is the biggest load of crap.

I love Ian Darke and Jim Watt (prefer them to the HBO team) but the way they would call Hatton/Khan fights is very obviously biased. Primetime is much worse, they are the biggest slurpers around.

Comment

With the HBO crew, it does seem like a lot of time, there's only 1 fighter in the ring. The only time they'll change their tunes is, when the under dog fighter is clearly out classing, or rocking the "HBO fighter". Jim Lampley, what else can you say, the dude is the mouthpiece for HBO, nothing more to say. Max Kellerman, loves the sound of his own voice, and comes off as the mouthpiece for the "boxing fans". I just hate his voice. Emmanuel fuggin Steward, you can tell from the 1st round, who he wants to win, or expects to win. Fighter A can be whooping fighter B, but since fighter B is black, sooner or later fighter B's blackness will shine through. (Exaggerating a little bit, but not really). Roy jones is awesome though. I hope he stays on. Almost always spot on with his analysis, as its happening.

Comment

Like Solo20 said, Showtime commentary all day and then some.

Comment

Working...
                      X