if golovkin was smaller and could make 140-147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if golovkin was smaller and could make 140-147

would he be as good?
    would he destroy the top guys at 140 147?

I could see Pacquiao beating him, maybe Maidana.

Comment

I think he would be another Matthysse an elite guy that would have a couple of losses.

Comment

He just need to avoid Pac, and he'll be no 2

Comment

golovkin is obviously better than maidana and lucas

Comment

Originally posted by wenceslao View Post
            golovkin is obviously better than maidana and lucas
            Obviously how? Because GGG has some incredible resume?? Lol, ggg & his fans should appreciate his relatively easy weight division because if he had the level of comp at 160 that's at 147, ggg would be ranked in the upper top 10 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Obviously how? Because GGG has some incredible resume?? Lol, ggg & his fans should appreciate his relatively easy weight division because if he had the level of comp at 160 that's at 147, ggg would be ranked in the upper top 10 at best.
              Not just his resume just watch him fight. Plus his amazing amateur background. Rigondeaux didn't have much of a resume at all either when he whooped Donaire. Same thing people said before the fight too - "who did Rigondeaux ever beat as a pro?"

There's more to it than solely resume when judging talent obviously. When I watch him fight it's very obvious to me he's a better fighter than Matthysse and Maidana.

Comment

I think him being compared to Matthysse and Maidana is not a slight it just means that his style wouldn't be as successful against the ultra competitive welterweights.Also why he was very good as an amateur he was never Rigo or Loma and to make that comparison is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
                  I think him being compared to Matthysse and Maidana is not a slight it just means that his style wouldn't be as successful against the ultra competitive welterweights.Also why he was very good as an amateur he was never Rigo or Loma and to make that comparison is laughable.
                  It is a slight because his power is a couple of levels above, as is his skill level.

People think Thurman is a hard punching WW, and he is, but turn it up a couple of levels and you'd get Golovkin. It would be very hard to deal with.

As to Lomachenko, his amateur record is 396-1. Rigo's is 374-12. Golovkin's is 345-5
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 04-13-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    It is a slight because his power is a couple of levels above, as is his skill level.

People think Thurman is a hard punching WW, and he is, but turn it up a couple of levels and you'd get Golovkin. It would be very hard to deal with.

As to Lomachenko, his amateur record is 396-1. Rigo's is 374-12. Golovkin's is 345-5
                    His power is not levels above those guys he has thudding power not one punch knockout power,If I recall correctly both Rigo and Loma were multiple time gold medalists while Golovkin with a very fortunate result against Direll was a silver medalist.

Comment

Working...
                    X