Is Joe Calzaghe an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prince-Naz View Post
    Yes he destroyed Roy Jones Jr and beat a prime Bernard Hopkins
    Everyone destroys an old Roy, Hopkins was nowhere near his prime. WTF are you talkin about?

Comment

• I once met Joe's trainer Enzo.

I asked him 'what do you think is the difference between Joe and Roy.

He looked at me with those big doe eyes and replied.

'Roy Jones Jr represented the glamour of boxing, the glitter, the bright lights. Joe Calzaghe represented the SOUL of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Dirrell can't beat shyt. Stop making up lies man.. There is no way Dirrell can beat Calzaghe. If anything, Dirrell exposed Froch's extreme limitationsrather than show how skilled he himself was in their fight.

Calzaghe will dominate Direll 12-0. Dirrell will not win one round.

The Hopkins that fought Calzaghe has become severely underrated.

Let me ask you this.

Hopkins fought Pavlik at 170. So that's around SMW .

Who wins this fight:

Hopkins that fought Pavlik vs
        Froch that fought Bute.
        (So Froch has extreme limitations?,Geez)

lets play it your way "if anything Old Hopkins exposed Calzaghes extreme limitations"

Just because Dirrel is inactive and will never be remembered as a great fighter because he's had career problems doesn't mean he didn't (that night) have extreme boxing ability... Dirrel towards the championship rounds when he stood and sat down on his punches looked amazing.. he was just a bit green and tentative at the start,Calzaghe has never fought someone with the speed,head movement and legs which Dirrel possessed,the guys hand speed was almost prime Roy Jones(just because Dirrel hasn't done **** doesn't mean he had no ability to compete with the best).. and some consider him beating Froch that night

To say Joe Calzaghe would have dominated the Dirrel Froch fought is to basically say you know nothing about boxing

When have I said that Hopkins wouldn't beat Froch?..

I wouldn't underate the Hopkins that fought Joe..but I do think he was well past his prime

The Hopkins that fought Joe could beat many fighters... the Hopkins around today could beat many fighters... But he doesn't compete with someone that supposidly has ATG status..

Is Chad Dawson an ATG because he beat an older Hopkins but in a far more dominating fashion which sort of puts his win on an even play field with Calzaghes because of the way Dawson won just about every round

I share your veiws about Lennox Lewis being every which way superior to the Klits but you're talking garbage here
        Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• cant believe 69 people voted yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            I once met Joe's trainer Enzo.

I asked him 'what do you think is the difference between Joe and Roy.

He looked at me with those big doe eyes and replied.

'Roy Jones Jr represented the glamour of boxing, the glitter, the bright lights. Joe Calzaghe represented the SOUL of boxing.
            Roy Jones earned the glamour..Joe Calzaghe didn't put his soul into his career

Comment

• I would believe so.

Comment

• ATG Super Middle Weight

Comment

Working...
                X