Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does GGG have to move up this early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
    Oh I don't know. Maybe because Manny and Floyd have been in the same division for how many years?
    Andy Lee, Quillin, Lemiux were in GGG's division for years. He's just barely now fighting one of them. Reason? Promoter issues. I don't see any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Carl Froch is/was the biggest draw of boxers the only guys maybe above him is who... pfft not many!
      So what has that to do with anything? If you are prepared to fight Froch at 168 then you are prepared to move up period!

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Andy Lee, Quillin, Lemiux were in GGG's division for years. He's just barely now fighting one of them. Reason? Promoter issues. I don't see any difference.
        just to clarify, Andy Lee vs GGG was a done deal, but GGG fathers died, so that's why they didn't fight.

Peter Quilin, we all know he didn't want the fight.

Lemiuex, He is fighting him just for the title. Good fight, but thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Who cares if they turned pro earlier, we can go by number of fights. Floyd and Cotto have done more in the number of fights than GGG did. We can play this game all day and I'll win because GGG's resume is ****. Because MW is ****. Someone said he fought top 10 MW's... And? Who gives a **** if they suck? Why would we compare the number of years they've been pro's? Why don't we compare the number of years Floyd and Cotto were amateurs then since your so big on that number. It's irrelevant. Forget age, forget years in the game just go by number of pro fights and compare resumes. GGG gets **** ON.

Stop with "he had promoter issues..." "He started late..." That's his problem, not mine. It's excuses for something you were just trying to defend. So which is it? Has done well at MW or is it not as good because of promotional issues?

Also, not a Ward fan at all to whoever the idiot said I was. I just hold a guy to his word when he runs his mouth. I think he's a good fighter but he's been guided very well to look good, all he has to do is fight Ward to prove he's got the goods. That's all it takes and he had the fight right there and didn't take it. Why does he have to move up? He doesn't, neither did Cotto he can make 154 just fine. Neither did Floyd when he moves up to 154 he can make 147 just fine and goes back down.

They did it for LEGACY and money. Fighting Ward means more money and GGG's first real shot a big name win and if he were to win he'd get instant credibility. And again, I don't even like Ward. But he's a good fighter, the best fighter GGG would have faced by a mile and that's all I'm asking of him. Everyone knows he beats Cotto and Canelo, he beats anyone at 160 and under. I've seen him beat the **** out of people, let's see him challanged in a fair fight. The fact that GGG fans have a problem with that is the sad part. Defending a clear duck while begging to fight guys in their 4th weightclass and GGG "doesn't have to move up." Because he's little doe.
          Okay man, you're really spazzing out for whatever reason and it looks ******ed, if you want to compare them, I have no problem with that, just do it at the same point in their careers.

If you wanna compare Floyd, Pac and Cotto at 33 fights versus GGG, I've no problem with that....

(That was my entire point)
          Last edited by BazookaGomez; 07-30-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            To compare what Floyd and Manny did be the time they were 33 to what GGG did by age 33 is unfair and stupid. They turned pro as teenagers. A fair and intelligent comparison would be how much GGG has accomplished in the number of years he has been a pro compared to what Floyd and Manny accomplished in the SAME number of years from when they first turned pro. This irrational hate you have for GGG who is an excellent fighter and a nice guy is what is embarrassing.
            What Floyd and Manny accomplished in 9 years in the pros still ****s on anything GGG has done in 9 years, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              To compare what Floyd and Manny did be the time they were 33 to what GGG did by age 33 is unfair and stupid. They turned pro as teenagers. A fair and intelligent comparison would be how much GGG has accomplished in the number of years he has been a pro compared to what Floyd and Manny accomplished in the SAME number of years from when they first turned pro. This irrational hate you have for GGG who is an excellent fighter and a nice guy is what is embarrassing.
              *facepalm* floyd was a lineal champ after just over 1 year if I'm not mistaken. Manny beat ledwaba in about the sane time to win his first title. Both guys were already well on their way to being ATGs by the time they reached 30 fights or about a decade in the sport

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                He really doesn't have to, I don't know why Abel Sanchez and GGG fans decided to start mentioning Andre Ward to begin with.

Now that Ward is back I see fans wanting to turn into Victims and they want Ward to "Move Up" now but when Ward was away with Promotional Issues it was "GGG Would Destroy Ward!" "GGG Would Knock Out Ward In 6 Rounds!". However, not that Ward is back and he is pushing for that fight, people are not as confident or bold as they once was and they want him to move up to 175

I think it would be best of GGG Team would just be honest and say "Let Me Clean Up At 160 First And Once He Is Finish At 160 He Hopes To Fight Ward At 168 In The Near Future!" But I understand people have their PRIDE and they want to maintain this Boogyman IMAGE!
                I guess you really do not pay much attention to anything Golovkin says because he has been saying exactly what I highlighted in your post for the past two years. He has always stated that his primary goal is to unify all the middleweight titles and any fight outside his division would have to be for a major PPV fight. Somehow that continues to be ignored and you are ignoring it yourself. Now all of a sudden, GGG is supposed to drop his career goal, pass up a title unification fight and another one early next year, and maybe even a third with Lee down the line, and move up to 168 to fight Ward in Oakland on BET for peanuts. Good luck with that.

As for who started this pile of steaming crap in the first place... I seem to remember Ward's lawyer sending an email to Lampley that was read on air after a GGG fight. An email that Ward never followed up on because he had other things to deal with, like losing in court, and which he and his team later denied any responsibility for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  *facepalm* floyd was a lineal champ after just over 1 year if I'm not mistaken. Manny beat ledwaba in about the sane time to win his first title. Both guys were already well on their way to being ATGs by the time they reached 30 fights or about a decade in the sport
                  And if Sturm had balls, GGG would have been a champion back in Germany and if Sergio had balls, GGG would have been WBC and lineal champion in 2012. Well before he had fought 30 fights. If Cotto had a spine, GGG would be lineal and WBC champion today. But I guess it is Golovkin's fault that these gutless fighters who have the nerve to call themselves 'champions' have no balls.

Comment

Working...
                  X