Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think mayweather could have handled pacquiao's pressure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think mayweather could have handled pacquiao's pressure?

marquez beats pacquiao because he outhinks pacquiao and can fight at his pace, and eat his shots. I've yet to see Floyd get hit multiple times with the full power of pacquiao the way marquez has. Yeah he took two shots from Mosley, but how about a few of those every round for 12 rounds

Floyd beat marquez because while marquez was thinking(marquez is a thinking fighter, pacquiao is a KO fighter), mayweather was hitting him.

neither of those matchups can decide whether mayweather could slow pacquiao enough to fight him at his pace where he's most effective.

Hatton and Castillo are the only pressure fighters he's fought and pacquiao is better, faster and more resilient than both.

Pacquiao has put marquez in a fight for his life everytime he's stepped into the ring with him, DESPITE how much better and more intelligent marquez is than him.

Can Floyd win the same fight?
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

no , i think pac would've outworked floyd ...

Comment

If JMM can handle it then Floyd could. Floyd has a better chin than JMM, is bigger, faster, stronger, with much better defense. Pac gets wild which plays into floyds hands. So unless pac catches him with s blind southpaw punch (which is possible) then Floyd beats him and maybe stops him late.

Pac has also never fought a fast accurately guy like Floyd who has top notch boxing skill an defense. Pac was great do anything is possible but is favor Floyd every time

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          If JMM can handle it then Floyd could. Floyd has a better chin than JMM, is bigger, faster, stronger, with much better defense. Pac gets wild which plays into floyds hands. So unless pac catches him with s blind southpaw punch (which is possible) then Floyd beats him and maybe stops him late.

Pac has also never fought a fast accurately guy like Floyd who has top notch boxing skill an defense. Pac was great do anything is possible but is favor Floyd every time
          triangle theory at it's finest....jmm and floyd fight nothing alike and jmm had plenty of experince with pac ...

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

How can you say floyd has a better chin when his entire style is being a pure boxer? That's not a good style to judge a fighter chin because it's all about defense.

Marquez couldn't defend against pacquiao's power, how do you know mayweather can?

Nobody has ever gotten away from pacquiao's power, even when he lost

If you fight pacquiao, you're going to get hurt. That's guaranteed.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

I think Mayweather would spank Manny's lil azz like a step child..BTW I'm a way bigger Pac fan then Floyd..But the truth is the truth..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I think Mayweather would spank Manny's lil azz like a step child..BTW I'm a way bigger Pac fan then Floyd..But the truth is the truth..
                Just because you're a pacquiao fan doesn't mean you know the truth.

the truth is mayweather has never fought anyone like pacquiao, and pacquiao would make it into a war. He's not going to make it easy for Floyd, he's gonna make it harder than he's ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  it depends really coz your truth seems to be far off from what sensible people call truth.. pac vs bradley outcome as an example...

Comment

Yes, I think Floyd could have easily outboxed Pacquiao using his reach and height. It wouldn't have looked anything like the Pacquiao-Marquez fights. Floyd and Marquez might be counter punchers, but there nothing alike in style. Floyd wouldn't have needed to put himself in a firefight to counter Manny.

Comment

Working...
                    X