Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto won't be able to keep up with floyd..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto won't be able to keep up with floyd..

I love cotto one of my favorite fighters today but I just don't think he stands a chance with his stamina/endurance. Cotto starts fast and is deceptively quick with his punches, and has tremendous timing but he almost always fades half way thru the fight and although he gets away with it with good fighters/good champions he won't get away with it with great fighters or better yet fighters that can fight for 12 rounds hard.

Margarito grinded him out in the 1st fight albeit the controversies surrounding that fight. And although he won the rematch, it still looked pretty similar to the 1st fight where cotto started strong and slowed down in the middle rounds. If it wasn't for tony's badly injured eye playing a factor who knows what would have happened.

In the pacquiao fight pretty much the same thin happened. Cotto started out strong and as usual started to fade mid rounds. And again he was in against a tireless animal, he got destroyed again.

Pacquiao, margarito, and mayweather have one thing in common. they are tireless workers, they can fight 12 hard rounds where as cotto can't. Cotto doesn't have that extra gear going into the later rounds and this will be the difference. i see him having his moments early in the fight then when he goes on cruise control floyd will pick up his pace and batter cotto.

I trust that Pedro Diaz has built a regimen that will have Cotto's endurance at 100%. The problem is, what's gonna happen if he isn't able to land clean on Floyd, and Floyd is landing his lead right hand whenever he wants to? What does Cotto do then? He will most likely get discouraged and not throw as much.

Comment

Cotto will be in the best shape that he has ever stepped into a ring with , you can bet on that , he has nothing to lose and everything to gain , that recipe creates fantastic conditioning .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Cotto will be in the best shape that he has ever stepped into a ring with , you can bet on that , he has nothing to lose and everything to gain , that recipe creates fantastic conditioning .
        LMAO

this guy is a reverse p4ctard

Comment

nevermind the thread. that chic in your avatar is bananas

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            I love cotto one of my favorite fighters today but I just don't think he stands a chance with his stamina/endurance. Cotto starts fast and is deceptively quick with his punches, and has tremendous timing but he almost always fades half way thru the fight and although he gets away with it with good fighters/good champions he won't get away with it with great fighters or better yet fighters that can fight for 12 rounds hard.

Margarito grinded him out in the 1st fight albeit the controversies surrounding that fight. And although he won the rematch, it still looked pretty similar to the 1st fight where cotto started strong and slowed down in the middle rounds. If it wasn't for tony's badly injured eye playing a factor who knows what would have happened.

In the pacquiao fight pretty much the same thin happened. Cotto started out strong and as usual started to fade mid rounds. And again he was in against a tireless animal, he got destroyed again.

Pacquiao, margarito, and mayweather have one thing in common. they are tireless workers, they can fight 12 hard rounds where as cotto can't. Cotto doesn't have that extra gear going into the later rounds and this will be the difference. i see him having his moments early in the fight then when he goes on cruise control floyd will pick up his pace and batter cotto.
            I agree, I love Cotto but he's getting brutalized.

Comment

Working...
            X