No announcement yet.

Im sick of aussie mismatches...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick of aussie mismatches...

I've had enough of seeing these aussie fight nights filled with up and coming australian fighters building their records on real weak opposition designed to build australian fighter's records.
    It's getting beyond a joke.
    I've discussed this issue on other sites, and I'm not sure if others have discussed it here, but it makes me sick.

One guy's rated 1178/1178 - Manfa Luksaikongdin up against one of the australians. I mean for heaven's sake, what does that tell you...
    I'm just wondering when Australia is going to get its act together, and do something about this fiasco.

It's like they come here for a beating, and then they go back on the plane so they can feed their families.

Everytime we have a fight night, I look closely to see a first round KO1, the opposition's record, e.g 10 w, 23 L, etc.. etc..
    1 guy's record was 0 W, 3 L.., and the sad thing is...

we will continue to see more of the same in the future.....
    Last edited by newforce; 10-20-2007, 08:59 PM.

mate i understand your frustration, but there is nothing much we can do ....we are in a geographical hole down here (boxing wise)...

we have a small amount of boxers and there aren't any in the neighbourhood.......hence the reason for there being so many Philo imports on our cards.

i've pretty much said that for every up-and-comer we have, the moment they show great talent, they must leave the country and go to the states........that is where they can get the best training, sparring, and competition.....and most importantly - on a day in day out basis.

Comment

thats right moochi, i think they said the other night we have 150 registered fighters or something like that... makes for pretty slim pickings

Comment

alot of imports move too australia for a shot at a better life

Comment

Originally posted by newforce View Post
          I've had enough of seeing these aussie fight nights filled with up and coming australian fighters building their records on real weak opposition designed to build australian fighter's records.
          It's getting beyond a joke.
          I've discussed this issue on other sites, and I'm not sure if others have discussed it here, but it makes me sick.

One guy's rated 1178/1178 - Manfa Luksaikongdin up against one of the australians. I mean for heaven's sake, what does that tell you...
          I'm just wondering when Australia is going to get its act together, and do something about this fiasco.

It's like they come here for a beating, and then they go back on the plane so they can feed their families.

Everytime we have a fight night, I look closely to see a first round KO1, the opposition's record, e.g 10 w, 23 L, etc.. etc..
          1 guy's record was 0 W, 3 L.., and the sad thing is...

we will continue to see more of the same in the future.....
          I agree with this post. I just hope last nights card wasn't shown in the States, it was ****ing joke. Even the officials have no idea, Willy's fight was stopped prematurely.

It's not hard to get on TV as fighter in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            I agree with this post. I just hope last nights card wasn't shown in the States, it was ****ing joke. Even the officials have no idea, Willy's fight was stopped prematurely.

It's not hard to get on TV as fighter in Australia.
            +1

Willy's fight was definately stopped too early. I'm not saying he wouldn't have knocked the guy out anyway but it was stopped too early.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
              +1

Willy's fight was definately stopped too early. I'm not saying he wouldn't have knocked the guy out anyway but it was stopped too early.
              The Ref's don't look like they know what their doing sometimes.

Comment

Working...
              X