Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Bradley have punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TGD View Post
    He doesn't wear socks.

Comment

The reason I speak so authoritatively on this is because I have above average extra-ordinary power and have always had it. I used to train in boxing and my trainer used to spar with Tyson and says that I have rare power so it's something I have studied and looked into all my life. In fact my right hand in particular is extremely brittle due to this and my knuckles blow up and swell very often where even when I do heavybag work I have to wear extra padding and wrappings all over my knuckle so that it doesn't swell up badly because my power is extremely high. And I not only have chicken legs comparatively speaking to some boxers but I've studied my follow through and my generation of power all my life and I know for a fact it comes from my shoulders & back because not only 1. my back and shoulders are uncommonly strong/large compared to others, my shoulders are also very wide which is a common trait for some power punchers (not all) such as Mcllelan, Hearns, etc, which allows the pivoting to generate power. They are wide and large/strong and so is my back compared to all my other muscles like biceps/forearms which are all mediocre/average compared to the average boxer

Comment

It doesn't make sense that the back muscles would generate much, if any power. The reason I say that is because the back muscles are involved largely in movements of the scapula. They don't push the body forward. Shoulders probably contribute, but only a little. The legs are among the most powerful muscles in the body. The legs and hips power the movement by extending against the ground. Having small legs doesn't mean having powerless legs. You can't tell power just by looking at somebody. And it is absolutely untrue that power cannot be improved. Look at Marquez. Look at Martinez. Neither punched particularly hard in their first weight classes. They moved up in weight and developed their power. The physical properties of the body responsible for punching power can be changed. Therefore, punching power can be changed.

Comment

It doesn't matter what a guy looks like. If he throws fast punches and turns his weight into the punches he should have power. Bradley has decent power and he has knocked down lots of tough guys even if he didn't finish them off. Bradley doesn't seem to put much body weight into his punches but his punches are fast so they have some power. Marquez almost went down it the last round.

Comment

He throws arm punches

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Birts View Post
              He's a pretty big dude, so the average person assumes he hits hard. Is it his technique? Does he have punching power? Is it respectable?
              Why do you think? It's called genetics. Size has nothing to do with it! How old are you?

Comment

bradley punches like a windmilling 7 yr old

Comment

It comes down to genetics. Timothy Bradley could have the best technique in the world and he would still not be a big puncher cause he's not blessed with great power. Same thing with speed, the way you're built..etc. Brandon Rios will never be a quick fighter with great hand speed. Juan Diaz will never get a ripped athletic physique no matter how hard he trains.

Comment

Some guys just don't have enough power to hurt other pro fighters... Bradley, Pauli,

Comment

Thank god I have good speed and power.

Comment

Working...
                      X