No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo Could Debut on 2/9 Barclays Card in NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo Could Debut on 2/9 Barclays Card in NYC

BRITISH Olympic bronze medallist Anthony Ogogo will be turned into a “global star” after turning professional last week.

That’s the view of Golden Boy Promotions chief Richard Schaefer who hopes to make him world champion.

Middleweight Ogogo, 24, had to make the decision to continue to Brazil 2016 as an amateur or cash in on his new-found status.

And Schaefer reckons he has made the right decision signing with Oscar de la Hoya’s LA-based company.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't think much of Ogogo, best chance he has in this professional game is being based in the States and getting the best training possible - he still needs a lot of work.

This could be the beginning of the end for GBP's UK venture.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Don't think much of Ogogo, best chance he has in this professional game is being based in the States and getting the best training possible - he still needs a lot of work.

Pretty much agree, he looked an average world level amateur, but worse than that i didnt see anything in him that makes me think he will be any better than domestic/euro at pro. Maybe they see something that i dont?

Hopefully GBP stick around to snap up Anthony Joshua and Luke Campbell. Both marketable and actually have some potential!

Comment

Meh.......nothing is going to come of him. He got the Gold as a gift anyway and there was nothing in his game that made him stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
          Meh.......nothing is going to come of him. He got the Gold as a gift anyway and there was nothing in his game that made him stand out.
          He got a bronze...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Hopefully GBP stick around to snap up Anthony Joshua and Luke Campbell. Both marketable and actually have some potential!
            agree, esp Joshua could be something special. I'm surprised that GBP didn't sign him for a big signing bonus

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

he's actually more famous for posing for a gay magazine, so unlike some guy from PR, this one doesnt need to get out of the closet...

Comment

Barclays

I'll guess I'll see this fight as I'm in the area but ill wait for golden boy to start giving out the freebies like they always do before a fight. Not paying for another golden boy show again.

Comment

Working...
                X