Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The could have beens? Fighters who could have been Great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    And Broner thought Ponce was tough...
    ya'll always overrate the hell outta this valero bum!

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      missed potential i thought of...

Joan Guzman
      Kelly Pavlik
      Rocky Juarez

Victor Ortiz might be an addition one day, hes still young enough to make another run though

victor ortiz will never be a great. i'd bet my house on that, and when he retires i'd have another house.

the kid sucks. he's huge and he can punch. that's about it.

Comment

Super fukin Judah...dam I get so mad when I think about his career....B.Hop and Zab was the only 2 fighters I supported back in the day, then Mosley came up...those was my 3 guns way back....I still like Zab but not nearly as much as I did as a youngin'

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          Super fukin Judah...dam I get so mad when I think about his career....B.Hop and Zab was the only 2 fighters I supported back in the day, then Mosley came up...those was my 3 guns way back....I still like Zab but not nearly as much as I did as a youngin'
          I feel your pain. Zab has shortened my life span.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            I feel your pain. Zab has shortened my life span.
            We all wish Zab could use his natural talent better, I dont agree with Valero, i think he would have been exposed like David Lemeaux,

Diosbelys Hurtado- this guy was great, he dropped Sweet Pea, Kostya tyszu and
            knocked out randall bailey 10 years ago when it meant something, then lost to vivian harris and disappeared

Comment

When I think about a combination of skills, talent, physical abilities, and chances...the main two that come to mind are

Zab Judah - speed, power, technique and more lives than a two headed cat

and

Ike Ibeabuchi - straight up solid beast with skills to match

shame actually

Comment

A young Hector Camacho had skills that I still haven't seen to date. Even Leonard commented once about his "unmatch" skills in the ring. Too bad his lifestyle put an end to his quest for greatness!

I know this is arguable because he was very successful in his carrer but he could've been way better in my humble opinion.

Comment

Oscar DelaHoya (When boxing became a hobby and not a job...faded fast)
                  Meldrick Taylor (Never the same after Chavez)
                  Zab Judah (Is he Bi Polar or something)
                  Paul Williams (If had a semi decent training staff, no telling what could've been)

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                    ya'll always overrate the hell outta this valero bum!
                    someones bitter

Comment

Herol Graham - the most talented British fighter never to win a belt. A lack of focus and an unstable chin scuppered his chances. Graham was a great athlete and had natural skill that most fighters would kill for, but he just couldn't quite apply it at the top level. Mike McCallum rates him as his toughest opponent, which says a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X