Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonnyboy's Lennox Lewis appreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonnyboy's Lennox Lewis appreciation thread.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Let's all bow down in awe of the great brit. First we have:
    How would Ron Lyle have done, boxing in the 1990s era?
    Last edited by BattlingNelson; 05-12-2015, 11:12 AM.

Would be better than some top guys but dont really see him on a
    Morrison or Golota level.....i think hes in the mix with the McCall level fighters.Some will argue he dropped Foreman but Foreman didnt have the chin at 220 that he had at 250 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2
      are you serious?.. you feel Morrison & Golota beat Ron Lyle?.. i would take Lyle to beat both those two within 3rds
      Cooney k.od Lyle in one round prime or not.....unless you feel Cooney is better than Golota or Morrison,i don't.Lyle diod not have fluid skill,he was decent with power but much unrefined compared to either Morrison or Golota.What gets me is Golota tooled Bowe and Morrison was a top 3 fighter in the 90's at one point,Lyle would not be in the top 5.Lyles chin would never hold up to morrisons power,ppl tend to forget how hard guys like him and golota hit when you take away the 70's mystique you can see who are the better overall fighters.Lyle could k.o Morrison however then one forgets foreman out punched Morrison the first couple rounds and couldn't k.o him.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-09-2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Ron Lyle was very good, he could do everything in the ring. Perfect size for a heavyweight, fast, powerful - good right hand and left hook. Moved extremely well.

Watch him against Earnie Shavers and tell me this man wouldn't be a top heavyweight in any era.

Comment

He'd be a decent contender.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Ron Lyle was very good, he could do everything in the ring. Perfect size for a heavyweight, fast, powerful - good right hand and left hook. Moved extremely well.

Watch him against Earnie Shavers and tell me this man wouldn't be a top heavyweight in any era.
            lyle was powerful but he wasnt fast. he was somewhat slow. good fighter tho

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              lyle was powerful but he wasnt fast. he was somewhat slow. good fighter tho
              Slow? I don't think so. Fast is probably too much, but he wasn't slow. He moved well and had ok hand speed.

Comment

i would take Cooney to KO Golota & Morrison in the very first round.. if Lamon Brewster & Michael Bent can KO them, then C?ooney destroys them.

You obviously have very limited boxing knowledge. Ron Lyle was actually ahead on all scorecards when getting stopped by Muhammad Ali. Next you will be telling us that Razor Ruddock, Morrison & Golota along with Lewis were "THE FAB 4" of the 1990s..
                Im limited yet you really think anyone who couldn't beat a brain damaged Ali past his prime is a good source to showcase how good someone is?You're the same guy who once said Cooney would beat Tyson ?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Shavers is just another overrated power puncher for his time "TEX COBB" .....really.

Comment

Ali was not brain damaged when he fought Ron Lyle in 1975.. Ali beat Lyle 6 months after he defeated Foreman in the Rumble in the Jungle... Beating Frazier in Zaire in late 75 is were Muhammad Ali suffered his worst career damage..

When did i say Cooney would beat Tyson?...
                    You may have stated Cooney would beat Tyson as i rember in one of your posts from awhile back...regardless ,Ali was slowly showing sighns of Parkinsons afrter 74 ,anyone claiming to beat a post 74 Ali has really nothing to brag about ,and Lyle didnt anyway despite his fresher body and superior strength ,had he have better skills he would have easily won that fight.You can claim anything you want ,anyone with eye sight can see Lyle was nothing but average compared to most top 90's fighters but then again i have to remember where i am...
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X