No announcement yet.

"Boxing's Three Amigos" vs Chavez Sr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boxing's Three Amigos" vs Chavez Sr.

How would the greatest Mexican fighters of recent history fare against El Gran Campeón Mexicano

Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera vs Julio Cesar Chavez at 130

What do you think would happen in each of three fights?

All 3 are competitive but all 3 lose.

Comment

Mannie got it right

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
        Mannie got it right
        I agree as well.

The thread title is funny because none of those three are amigos in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I agree as well.

The thread title is funny because none of those three are amigos in real life.
          Indeed they're all very much the opposite. I can't think of many people that openly disrespect Marquez. But his 'amigos' are the main ones

I give Marquez the best shot at beating Chavez. But I still favour Chavez.

That was painful to say...

Comment

I think Chavez sr wins but these are not easy fights by any means.

Comment

Kind of odd to imagine. I think he beats Morales for sure, too easy to goad him into war. The others would be close.

Comment

I saw each of them live on several occasions, and have watched each of them work out more than once. it is my opinion that, at 130, Chavez stops each of them around the 8th or 9th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
                  How would the greatest Mexican fighters of recent history fare against El Gran Campeón Mexicano

Juan Manuel Marquez, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera vs Julio Cesar Chavez at 130

What do you think would happen in each of three fights?
                  Marquez gets KO'd. He's chinny, and Chavez would make him physically break him under constant pressure.

Morales is the most entertaining and hardest fight for Chavez out of the 3. His chin is granite and he was always a big guy for whatever weight class he was fighting in. I think this one looks like the Morales-Jesus Chavez fight, sans Chavez going down twice and fighting one-handed for 8 rds. Chavez gets a decision in a war.

Barrera presents a tough match, but he's not as physically durable as Morales. He likes to throw to the body himself, and I think Chavez would be the stronger man inside. Barrera probably wouldn't get stopped though. He'd fight well enough, but lose a UD.

Comment

Morales is the only one i can think of that has a chance here

Comment

Working...
                    X