Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we actually consider what criteria judges actually use to score fights............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so you all agree hopkins beat calzaghe since the exact same things apply. finally you guys admit it. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
      Someone must have a rebuttal?
      No rebuttal here mate.

I think you're bang on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        Totally bias, when these same arguments were made for Dirrell they fell on deaf ears and Dirrell actually made it clear. The fix was in. Haye didnt win 8 ROUNDS.
        Right......so your defense against my arguement, is that someone else at some point in time has been robbed in your eyes.....

Well ****.....I guess you win.......

Or not.

Comment

Only on boxingscene can missing practically every punch you throw be considered as "doing more".

Valuev threw more punches than Haye.

Valuev pushed the fight more than Haye.

Valuev looked more active in general that Haye did.

But if you're not hitting your opponent, you're not going to win.

Remember, boxing is scored on:
          -CLEAN, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING

-RING GENERALSHIP

-EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION (the word effective is in bold for a very good reason)

-DEFENSE

In terms of clean, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING, Valuev definately lost. The clean shots came from Haye, the most effective shot that hurt the man who has never been hurt in 50 something fights came from Haye. The best effective combos were UNDOUBTABLY Haye.

In terms of defense............Haye slipped and blocked pretty much every Valuev shot, whereas Haye landed with better accuracy.

In terms of ring generalship........well again Valuev failed for 12 rounds to catch Haye in a corner where he could batter him. When he did find himself in a corner with Haye, he throw a shot, blinked and found Haye walking away wondering wtf just happened.

In terms of EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. How effective was Valuev when he went on the offensive? How effective was Haye when he went on the offensive? Ask Valuevs chin in the 12th round.

So.....when you actually score the fight based on the criteria used by judges......where is the robbery?
          Yep, just like the De la Hoya vs Mayweather fight. I can't believe people think DLH won that fight.

Comment

Right......so your defense against my arguement, is that someone else at some point in time has been robbed in your eyes.....

Well ****.....I guess you win.......

Or not.
            Im saying the same case Froch fans made for him winning is the same case their making for Valuev losing. The case was Dirrell ran so he lost, in Haye's case its Valuev didnt land anything, cant have it both ways. In other words, tell me what Froch did to win and tell me what Haye did to win.

Comment

Haye got points for running and landing like 1 punch per round, that is what I heard about this fight that I don't even want to bother watching since Haye fought a boring cowardly fight. Haye can not ever talk bad about the Klitschkos ever again since they land more punches per rounds against their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                Im saying the same case Froch fans made for him winning is the same case their making for Valuev losing. The case was Dirrell ran so he lost, in Haye's case its Valuev didnt land anything, cant have it both ways. In other words, tell me what Froch did to win and tell me what Haye did to win.
                I didn't even watch the Froch fight so you're trying to have this discussion with the wrong person.

When it comes down to it, I listed the criteria that judges use to score fights.

You're not even trying to prove that Haye didn't win in terms of all the criteria, you're just saying "yeah but then X guy should have won X fight", which is pretty much unrelated.

If you want to cry about the Froch fight, do it somewhere else.

Based upon the crieria for scoring boxing fights, Haye won.

Where is your counter arguement, other than discussing a totally unrelated fight?

Comment

i agree totally

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                    Haye got points for running and landing like 1 punch per round, that is what I heard about this fight that I don't even want to bother watching since Haye fought a boring cowardly fight. Haye can not ever talk bad about the Klitschkos ever again since they land more punches per rounds against their opponents.
                    So you're basing your arguement from what you "heard" and you haven't even watched the fight.

Why are you even here lol?

Comment

Honestly, I was shocked to see all these idiotic threads claiming Valuev was robbed. I can't believe you guys saw the same fight I did. Valuev barely won 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X