Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: V. Klitschko vs. Chisora is a Mismatch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: V. Klitschko vs. Chisora is a Mismatch!

Britain's former heavyweight world champion Lennox Lewis tonight claimed Dereck Chisora was not ready for his shot at Vitali Klitschko's WBC belt. Saturday night in Munich will see 28-year-old Londoner Chisora step into the ring as a huge underdog when he tackles 40-year-old Klitschko at the Olympiahalle.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lennox... shut the **** up.

"In my era..." Go **** yourself. Era has nothing to do with it. Leon Spinks was 6-0-2 when he fought for and won the HW title... and he turned out to be a bum.

What happend to Chisora having a good chance?

He's just mad that Vitali made him retire in front of a booing crowd.

Comment

Didnt lewis say just a few days ago that chisora has a real chance? Weird guy!
      I dont think this is a mismatch at all! This might turn out to be the best heavyweight fight in 2012!

Comment

So if Lennox was offered a shot at a title after 17 fights he wouldn't have jumped at it? Please!

Comment

I'll also just add that to look good against the Klits, the bar has been set pretty low, as long as he doesn't collapse mentally like 90% of the other opponents (David Haye included) then he will have done something spectacular. If he actually brings the fight to Vitali without becoming a human punch bag, (hello, Shannon Briggs) then he will have outdone all of his contemporaries.

If he can bring the same performance as against Hell-Anus then it's game on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowShade View Post
            Lennox... shut the **** up.

"In my era..." Go **** yourself. Era has nothing to do with it. Leon Spinks was 6-0-2 when he fought for and won the HW title... and he turned out to be a bum.

What happend to Chisora having a good chance?

He's just mad that Vitali made him retire in front of a booing crowd.

TKO 6

anyways, i see it as a mismatch also... chisora is too short n stocky to compete.... hes no tyson

Comment

The era stinks so its no wonder the fight is happening at all, but we must all resign ourselves to that. I do agree fighters should be allowed to progress. Wlad had 35 fights and Vitaly 24 before ever stepping up and taking a world title challenge. Its to bd guys like Chisora and Helenius are being sought after for world title bouts before full developing their skills and guys like Pulev are being ranked so highly with such inexperience. Has there ever been a time in history where three guys with less than 18 fights each have been ranked in the top 10 as well as a former light heavyweight with only 7 fights at heavyweight?

Comment

"For all intensive purposes..." Classic Lennox Lewis malapropism.

Comment

i think chisora deserves this fight after his fight vs helenius. i believe chisora won a close fight but helenius was obviously fighting with one arm. regardless of the injury chisora deserved the win & this big shot. i also think if helenius is healthy the fight may have ended differently. chisora is going to get beat up for 8 rounds until the fight is stopped. i give chisora credit for rebounding & getting in good shape for helenius after losing to tyson fury. fury was the brit who was looking to be getting the big fights after beating chisora. chisora stepped up & took on the #1 contender in the world for 3 regional titles & should have got the nod. chisora has been getting fights because he looks like a threat but very beatable. chisora will become the monte barrett of europe. he will fight everyone. he stands to make a very good living boxing if he gets the right fights. vitali in 8

Comment

So was Lewis/Mavrovic on paper, but it turned out to be a pretty decent fight. And if Chisora shows up in the same shape he was against Helenius, so should this fight against a 40 year old Vitali.

Some previous records of HW title challengers (the first five for the undisputed belt.)

Muhammad Ali (19-0) vs Liston I
                    Pete Rademacher (pro debut) vs Floyd Patterson
                    Leon Spinks (7-0-1) vs Muhammad Ali
                    Jimmy Young (17-4-2) vs Muhammad Ali
                    Alfredo Evangelista (14-1-1) vs Muhammad Ali
                    Ossie Ocasio (13-0) vs Larry Holmes
                    Mike Weaver (19-8) vs Larry Holmes
                    Trevor Berbick (18-1-1) vs Larry Holmes
                    Leon Spinks (10-2-2) vs Larry Holmes
                    Tim Witherspoon (15-0) vs Larry Holmes
                    Marvis Frazier (10-0) vs Larry Holmes
                    James ("Bonecrusher") Smith (14-1) vs Larry Holmes
                    David Bey (14-0) vs Larry Holmes
                    Carl Williams (16-0) vs Larry Holmes
                    Tyrell Biggs (15-0) vs Mike Tyson
                    James ("Bonecrusher") Smith (18-5) vs Tim Witherspoon

and more. If Vitali fights someone like Haye or Povetkin after this, I'm fine with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X