No announcement yet.

TRUE Power of ANDROID - AOKP Review by Flossycarter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
    Absolutely it is. Rooting takes you to a whole new level with your phone. Things like controling our CPU, Removing system apps you don't want/need, free wifi tethering, using apps like titanium backup, customizing like crazy are all things root will give, just to name a few.

You really don't have to root. Android gives you a great experience stock, but if you want to go above all that then you root.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for samsung to update your phone. It took them forever to update their phones to ICS. If you wan't JellyBean go root your phone and get it!
    just go away. samsung and android fans do not need the likes of you

Comment

Originally posted by AS0S View Post
      just go away. samsung and android fans do not need the likes of you
      NO!

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
        Absolutely it is. Rooting takes you to a whole new level with your phone. Things like controling our CPU, Removing system apps you don't want/need, free wifi tethering, using apps like titanium backup, customizing like crazy are all things root will give, just to name a few.

You really don't have to root. Android gives you a great experience stock, but if you want to go above all that then you root.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for samsung to update your phone. It took them forever to update their phones to ICS. If you wan't JellyBean go root your phone and get it!
        JellyBean isn't stable enough, I tried it last week, it's great on Wifi but on 3G and 4G it's hit or miss
        Last edited by PACnPBFsuck; 08-11-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          One thing I didn't here him say was the need for Clockwordmod recovery, pretty much all ROMs are put into zip files and you can't flash a ROM on stock recovery.

Do you have unlimited data with Verizon still?
          You need clockworkmod recovery. On Motorola they use bootstrap or safestrap. You can NOT flash roms in stock recovery. But I know for sure you can side load official leaks in stock recovery because that's how I got the official ICS OTA on my Razr Maxx. And no I don't NOT have unlimited data. I got on Verizon when they had the 4GB for $30 deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
            You need clockworkmod recovery. On Motorola they use bootstrap or safestrap. You can NOT flash roms in stock recovery. But I know for sure you can side load official leaks in stock recovery because that's how I got the official ICS OTA on my Razr Maxx. And no I don't NOT have unlimited data. I got on Verizon when they had the 4GB for $30 deal.
            Bootstrap is the equivalent of Samsung's Odin, you can do the same stuff in Odin, my Co-worker has the Maxx as well and he just installed the ICS OTA through Bootstrap.

I know Motorola locked the bootloader on you guys, so I know it's a hassle when trying to root and install CMW.

Only reason I ask is because Verizon is doing some sneaky shyt right now, I was gonna warn you before you upgraded, they're kicking people off the unlimited plan.

Comment

Bootstrap is the equivalent of Samsung's Odin, you can do the same stuff in Odin, my Co-worker has the Maxx as well and he just installed the ICS OTA through Bootstrap.

I know Motorola locked the bootloader on you guys, so I know it's a hassle when trying to root and install CMW.

Only reason I ask is because Verizon is doing some sneaky shyt right now, I was gonna warn you before you upgraded, they're kicking people off the unlimited plan.
              yup. only way to keep unlimited is to buy phones off contract. even if you upgrade they force you out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by HayastanciCule View Post
                yup. only way to keep unlimited is to buy phones off contract. even if you upgrade they force you out of it.
                Can you imagine the people who are gonna want this new Iphone and have to pay full price for rumored price of $800

Comment

Can you imagine the people who are gonna want this new Iphone and have to pay full price for rumored price of $800
                  I hope they have a lot of money to throw around then, otherwise it's just ******ed to pay that much for a phone.

I'm hoping the rumors of multiple Nexus' devices being made by different manufacturers to be sold through the play store are true, and I REALLY hope they are cdma (Verizon) compatible. Although I don't have my hopes up for the last part lol.

The galaxy nexus is only $350 from Google right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HayastanciCule View Post
                    I hope they have a lot of money to throw around then, otherwise it's just ******ed to pay that much for a phone.

I'm hoping the rumors of multiple Nexus' devices being made by different manufacturers to be sold through the play store are true, and I REALLY hope they are cdma (Verizon) compatible. Although I don't have my hopes up for the last part lol.

The galaxy nexus is only $350 from Google right now.
                    The Gnex is free at Sprints store, only problem is a LTE phone, it's not operational yet in Philly

Comment

I think the new shared plans are wack!! The next phone I get I will be selling my current Razr Maxx and some money out of pocket for it. I'm staying off contract after my 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X