No announcement yet.

A question about ranking fighters resumes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about ranking fighters resumes

I think almost everyone in this section is in agreement that it should be based on achievements and not H2H ability. But how do we rank how good a fighters win over another fighter is, is it by the fighter they beats achievements or by the fighter they beats H2H ability. For example, is a win over Archie Moore better than a win over Roy Jones?(For arguments sake everyone assume Jones has greater H2H ability, whether you think so or not). It may sound like an amateur question just want to hear everyones thoughts.

In my opinion no, the greatness of the win depends more on the achievment of the beaten fighter and if he is in his prime or not this is because styles make fights.
    Also H2H is usually in prime terms so if Roy Jones was 40 he probably couldn't do as well obviously so it's hard to determine the Height to Height ability of a certain fighter at a certin point.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      I think almost everyone in this section is in agreement that it should be based on achievements and not H2H ability. But how do we rank how good a fighters win over another fighter is, is it by the fighter they beats achievements or by the fighter they beats H2H ability. For example, is a win over Archie Moore better than a win over Roy Jones?(For arguments sake everyone assume Jones has greater H2H ability, whether you think so or not). It may sound like an amateur question just want to hear everyones thoughts.
      It is difficult and I tried to be as fair and objective as I could. See my sticky thread on the heavyweights (page 19) and you will see how I came up with a system for scoring each of the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Canes Ghost View Post
        It is difficult and I tried to be as fair and objective as I could. See my sticky thread on the heavyweights (page 19) and you will see how I came up with a system for scoring each of the fighters.
        So you are actually -Cane-?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          So you are actually -Cane-?
          Yeah originally hurricane72.

Comment

Working...
          X