Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsight, was Canelo Vs Angulo a complete mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In hindsight, was Canelo Vs Angulo a complete mismatch?

I'm still trying to figure out an explanation for el Perro's performance.

For the record, I have no problem with the stoppage, and I don't believe the conspiracists who cry 'fix'.

Perro was built up to be the boogeyman at 154, yet he looked physically much smaller than Canelo, he seemed to have no power or confidence in his punches.

So, what went wrong?

Was Angulo overawed by the big occasion? Was it just an off night? Or was he simply outclassed by a far superior opponent?

No. /Thread.

Comment

He looked like he had no power because Canelo backed him up and beat the **** out of him from the get go. That's why he never got going. Not a "bad night" or anything else. Canelo is that good. Haters go cry.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Yes it was and I was saying it.

Comment

In before Canelo's haters show up:

"It TWAS TEH MISMATCH1! PERRO IS TEH BUMZZZ!!!111"

Comment

In my eyes, I didn't need hindsight. I called it since they announced it. You can review all my previous responses. I KNEW Canelo was going to beat Angulo pillar to post. I knew Angulo couldn't hurt him. And I knew Canelo was the better fighter and stronger fighter from short distance long distance. Inside, outside. Angulo didn't stand a chance outside of a fluke punch in my book.

Comment

I think Angulo lost the fight in the first 5 seconds. Any confidence he had evaporated into thin air.

Comment

Alfredo let alot of fans down that night. Such a disappointing performance. That wasent the same perro that fought lara. It's not canelo ' fault that angulo looked that bad he did what he had to do. He put his punches 2gether nicely and his stamina was very impressive. The one thing I like about canelo is with each fight you can see the improvements he's making. He's still not even in his prime and he's already the best at 154 besides lil floyd.

Comment

i knew it was a mismatch from the beginning. Stylistically angulo was doomed, he was made perfect for Alvarez. I also think Angulo was hyped up slightly ahead of time (by the canelo supporters to prepare to praise canelo after) (and by the canelo haters who wanted canelo to lose).

Comment

Working...
                    X