Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cotto deserve more credit? He made Floyd look old.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    running? maybe you need to see what running is, watch Cotto Margarito rounds 7 and on, that's running. back pedaling, not throwing any punches back

you don't really understand the sport, maybe you should go watch tennis?
    I could of sworn I seen a comment of yours where you said that you thought Guerrero was a "live underdog". Maybe we should watch tennis together, eh? Speaking of tennis, Mayweather should give it a try with all of that running side to side.

Comment

Originally posted by Pop Tarts
      #Gatekeeper #Quitter
      Hiei. Finally figured out who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by grancampeon View Post
        I could of sworn I seen a comment of yours where you said that you thought Guerrero was a "live underdog". Maybe we should watch tennis together, eh? Speaking of tennis, Mayweather should give it a try with all of that running side to side.
        guerrero is a solid fighter, you'd be ignorant to say otherwise

you can't look at how badly Mayweather beat him, and then discredit the win. you have to give Floyd credit for being that damn good. Cotto vs Mayweather had completely different circumstances surrounding the fight, different weight class, Cotto being a much more seasoned veteran with better resume, Floyd going to jail after the fight, Floyd being out of the ring for over a year

you can't look at the Cotto fight and use it to discredit Robert Guerrero

Comment

guerrero is a solid fighter, you'd be ignorant to say otherwise

you can't look at how badly Mayweather beat him, and then discredit the win. you have to give Floyd credit for being that damn good. Cotto vs Mayweather had completely different circumstances surrounding the fight, different weight class, Cotto being a much more seasoned veteran with better resume, Floyd going to jail after the fight, Floyd being out of the ring for over a year

you can't look at the Cotto fight and use it to discredit Robert Guerrero
          Floyd fought Ortiz in September 2011, a 9 month layoff before Cotto. I don't discredit Guerrero, but he's not better than Cotto. I lol'd when people thought he'd do better. Mayweather put on a masterclass Saturday night regardless however.

Comment

Guerrero cut off the ring vs Floyd, Floyd slipped out when Guerrero pushed him against the ropes. Floyd just stood there when Cotto backed him up against the ropes. If you can't see the differences in Floyd's strategy then you don't know what you're watching. People said Floyd's legs were gone vs Cotto, but now you same people are saying "It was Cotto cutting off the ring"

lol
            Floyd dominated that Cotto fight but when he was able to get Floyd against the ropes he kept him there with effective aggression, cutting off the ring to get him there in the first place & by using angle's to land punches. As I stated before..... what was the media, fighters etc saying about Floyd before the fight? and why?

Comment

If you watch that fight, Floyd wasn't using his legs that much at all. He invited Cotto to fight him at the ropes at times. Some times he would just sit there and wait for Cotto to throw shots at him while he was on the ropes. Then after the fight Floyd pretty much states that he chose not to use his legs because people would have said it was a boring fight so he wanted to duke it out with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Floyd fought Ortiz in September 2011, a 9 month layoff before Cotto. I don't discredit Guerrero, but he's not better than Cotto. I lol'd when people thought he'd do better. Mayweather put on a masterclass Saturday night regardless however.
                Floyd has always taken off a decent amount of time between fights, but he was still always hitting the gym & boxing. With his stint in jail there was none of that for a few months..... so that was what was difference this time around but he looked amazing definitely.

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                If you watch that fight, Floyd wasn't using his legs that much at all. He invited Cotto to fight him at the ropes at times. Some times he would just sit there and wait for Cotto to throw shots at him while he was on the ropes. Then after the fight Floyd pretty much states that he chose not to use his legs because people would have said it was a boring fight so he wanted to duke it out with Cotto.
                Just because he says that doesn't mean it's the case though. It caused people to question his legs regardless of what he said. There were times when he invited it, but there were also times where Cotto kept him there.

Regardless I'm excited to see Mayweather back in the ring. I truly believe that Cotto was a big part of the overall tone leading up to this fight.

Comment

When two great fighters go at it, its all about the little things. Angles, ringwork, punch placement

Guerrero is just an average fighter with a lot of heart

Like Poppa Floyd said, how is some dude who went life and death with Katsidis and Casa enter the realm of Money May?

Comment

LOL @ Cotto being a HOF'er

credit for what? making Mayweathers nose bleed? you guys are idiots. Castillo, Corley and De La **** gave him fits. Castillo arguably beating him, yet people only seem to bring up Cotto who at the most won 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                      LOL @ Cotto being a HOF'er

credit for what? making Mayweathers nose bleed? you guys are idiots. Castillo, Corley and De La **** gave him fits. Castillo arguably beating him, yet people only seem to bring up Cotto who at the most won 2 rounds.
                      You mad bruh...take a breather. It'll be ok son. It'll be ok, maybe Canelo can swoop in and save the day

Comment

Working...
                      X