No announcement yet.

Brian Magee to face Mads Larsen in European title bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Magee to face Mads Larsen in European title bout

Brian Magee has landed a lucrative European super-middleweight title bout against Dane Mads Larsen in Aarhus on 30 January.

Belfast man Magee will share a purse of £270,000 with Larsen as they battle to win the vacant European belt.

Magee, a former IBO champion, was forced to vacate the British title in March because of injury.

However his manager Pat Magee said that the 34-year-old is confident of winning in Denmark.

"He has no fears about going to Larsen's home town," added Pat Magee.

"Brian has been in training for the past four weeks and is already sparring.

"He hasn't boxed in 12 months and he is itching to get back in the ring."

Magee will hope to emulate Derryman Charlie Nash by winning a European title in Denmark.

Nash defeated Scottish great Ken Buchanan to land the European Boxing Union belt in Copenhagen 30 years ago this month.

In his previous bout last December, Magee landed the British title by knocking out Stevie McGuire in eight rounds.

However, a shoulder injury forced him to vacate the British belt in March.

He was then scheduled to challenge new British champion Tony Quigley in June but the bout had to be called off after the Liverpool fighter suffered an injury.

Larsen, 36, has held the European, IBO and WBF super middleweight titles and lost challenges for the WBA and IBF titles against German Sven Ottke.

War Magee!

Dont fancy his chances though.

Comment

yep. glad to see he's still making money.
      one of the best brawls i've seen was the hatton/magee.
      rates right up there with gatti/wards.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        yep. glad to see he's still making money.
        one of the best brawls i've seen was the hatton/magee.
        rates right up there with gatti/wards.
        different Magee, Eamon fought Hatton at JWW, this is Brian a SMW (fought Froch and Robin Reid - lost to both). Both are N.Irish but no relation as far as i know.

Comment

Working...
        X