No announcement yet.

Roach: "Cotto Turned Down 7.5 Million Offer From Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Good. This fight is pointless, we already know pac is the superior fighter.

Why the hell wont pac just rematch bradley and avenge his loss
    Actually (we) don't know who's the superior fighter. It's rather obvious that team Pacman wasn't that sure they're superior as evident by their constant demand of a catchweight.

Comment

Pacquiao turned down 40 million

Comment

This is why I always have and always will love Cotto, since his pro debut on ESPN I been a supporter. I'm a fan of Boxing first and foremost, I can watch any fighter or fight and enjoy it because they are BOXING so therefore I try to just keep my support for fighters at a neutral level but I do have my favorite's and Cotto is top 5 one of them.

In this move he shows the beauty of what it is to become your own boss, he was able to turn down a rematch with Manny where he would have made more than the first time all because the respect still wasn't in place, they were still not treating Cotto like an equal so therefore being his own boss he called his own shots and said no.

as the lead promoter in the Trout fight he will make more money regardless if the on paper guarantee is 4.5 million more because of all the side money Cotto makes, meaning he doesn't have to eat their **** now and he can do what he contractually couldn't do last time and that's tell them to **** off. congrats Cotto he always manages to impress me every time, I wish him the best and I'll be throwing down a few dollars on him to beat Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          If anyone here thinks theres a huge difference from Cotto weighing in at 150 or 154 you need to understand that with his body type he easily rehydrates right back to 154+! He has a full 24 hours and the 4lbs can be all fluids not fat (stored energy).
          I'm glad he's not fighting Pacman and I wish he would walk away from boxing he's very close to being hurt again. If he could go to England and fight Khan at 150 that would be a good fight for him. He'd have a southpaws right side sticking out for his hook and a guy in front of him that doesn't punch hard.
          Be a good bout for both boys! Ray.
          Of course there is a difference, when you need a hard camp to make 154, those extra lbs hurt you. How much you gain back doesn't matter, if you have to drain down to make weight (look at Chad Dawson last week) you're not going to be 100%. If he could come down easily, he wouldn't have moved to 154.

Adrien Broner for example failed to make 130 for his last fight and is now moving to 135, clearly those few lbs make a difference.
          Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-12-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Actually (we) don't know who's the superior fighter. It's rather obvious that team Pacman wasn't that sure they're superior as evident by their constant demand of a catchweight.
            Make all the excuses you want, theres nothing that would have changed the outcome of the first fight and cotto knows it.

Pacquiao didnt just destroy him physically but mentally too.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
              Make all the excuses you want, theres nothing that would have changed the outcome of the first fight and cotto knows it.

Pacquiao didnt just destroy him physically but mentally too.
              OOhhh there's no excuse for the 1st fight. However the 2nd attempt & the third attempt & the fact that Pacman requested catchweights for both, in fact speaks for itself bro!!

Comment

good, the first fight wasnt close so why the hell do we need to see a rematch anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  he has already stopped him, id say thats superior.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    he has already stopped him, id say thats superior.
                    I know, but thanks for sharing..............................

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      People forget that Cotto Promotions will be the head promoter of Cotto-Trout with the help of GBP. So that means Cotto will get money from the revenue also + what HBO will pay him (3 million I am guessing) so he is covered on the money side no matter who he fights.
                      ^^^^This..

Comment

Working...
                      X