No announcement yet.

UFC officially bigger than Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    You have no idea just how ******ed this comment sounds! You are actually saying that UFC was smart enough to not allow the guys who actually who put their lives on the line in the ring to have the lion's share of the money.
    I think Dana White and the UFC brass were clever to keep a salary cap on their employees. From a business stand point, it makes perfect sense.

Everybody knows that Dana White and the UFC executives are not the draw. They are not the A-Side, they are not the B-Side. They're just a bunch of rich guys who collect money off of the risk their fighters take.

It's very similar to a Floyd Mayweather approach to business. Floyd takes the lion's share and pays peanuts to his opponent in comparison to what he gets paid. Mayweather's opponent's are taking just as much a risk to their lives in the ring as Floyd Mayweather, but that still doesn't stop people from thinking Mayweather deserves a 90/10 split and 100% PPV sales.

Of course, Floyd actually goes in the ring to fight, but in theory, Dana White pretty much practices the same business model employed by Floyd Mayweather.

GO TMT!

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
      Yes it does dip****. UFC draws more PPV buys than boxing. You cant point to the money a fighter makes since UFC was smart enough not to let the fighters get the lions share of the money.
      im pretty sure ufc ppvs do not come close to boxing .....they have 25 ppvs a year that MIGHT add up to one floyd or manny fight lol

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
        That is called an outlier. One fight out of how many? UFC consistently does 1M buys a show. That thumps boxing.
        They haven't broken 1 million this year. Their outliers are 700-900k

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          They haven't broken 1 million this year. Their outliers are 700-900k
          yeah i think once or twice ever they trumped a mill maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Verga View Post
            The problem is UFC stars are out shining boxing stars....
            No they are not...I don't like Boxing and UFC comparisons, it's just so stupid but in terms of marketable stars, boxing on a global scale has Wlad, Cotto, Canelo, Khan and a handful of others.

UFC has...possibly Rousey and then who? Connor? None of thoseg uys match anything close to the earnings, viewing figures or PPV buys of the boxing names. It's simple mathematics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              i would put money on wlad actually. guy would not be clueless he actually is a hell of a kick boxer so its not like hes clueless in other forms of fighting. the only chance they would have is submission but does that really make u the baddest man on the planet? not in my book it dont to me if ur trying to prove ur the baddest man on planet bending someones arm backwards not really doing it for me
              If you put Wlad and a top 10 UFC HW in a room and close the door, the UFC HW is the one walking out of there under his own power. Plain and simple.

Boxing is a great sport, it's a sport I love, but in terms of combat it's a VERY limited sport. You attack with two hands, and that's it. Compare that to muay thai, where you attack with two hands, two feet, two knees, and two elbows. Or MMA, where you attack with all those things and you also grapple and can break limbs and choke people unconscious. A guy just using his two hands is going to be helpless against that kind of variety of attack. These are simply the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                ufc is dying imo
                You're basing that on what exactly? They just had a PPV that did 850k buys, and followed it up with a PPV that did about a million buys or more.

They have a show coming up in Dallas that is pegged to break all kinds of records.

The UFC Is doing great.

The question is how will boxing do now that Mayweather is gone and Pacquiao is not far behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                  dude, she was even a famous boxer before going to MMA
                  I remember Holly Holm very well just fuked the spelling of her name up, I do that a lot lol

Comment

Working...
                  X