Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Student boxing as a part time job. Good idea? How far can I go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to say it's just boxing training though. Like the training that comes with boxing, the sparring, running, punching bag, pushing your body to the limit like a boxer. That gives you disciple and determination and it strengthens your mind.

If we're talking about real boxing, like pro, I don't know if getting hit in the head repeatedly would help your brain out. But definitely the discipline that comes with training in boxing will help. That's why some football players take up boxing training.

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySnipes View Post
      did he just say that he is faster & stronger than Martinez? oh man
      No.. I said I'm faster and stronger than the Martinez who DEBUTED.. at an even LATER age than me...

Comment

I think it's a bad idea. If you're not doing it for a career, it's not worth it. You can seriously get hurt in there and there's always a chance that one wrong punch can permanently damage you. I think it was Joel Diaz who got punched on the top of the head in one fight and he lost vision in one of his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
          I think it's a bad idea. If you're not doing it for a career, it's not worth it. You can seriously get hurt in there and there's always a chance that one wrong punch can permanently damage you. I think it was Joel Diaz who got punched on the top of the head in one fight and he lost vision in one of his eyes.

HOLY **** .. ****. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts. I don't wanna get hurt like that. Hell Nah.

Comment

nope. Boxing can save lives or ruin lives. You have to take advantage of every opportunity you get or you'll never be at the top. Boxing is relentless, and it's not for the feint of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              [/B]

HOLY **** .. ****. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts. I don't wanna get hurt like that. Hell Nah.
              Better sharpen that defense.

It's why I admire defensive fighters, people don't know the dangers in boxing.

That Joel Diaz thing sounds like a freak punch. I don't think it happens often.

Comment

Maybe.. I'll record my first fight and post it on the scene. Just to see how I do.
                I wish you the best and will be looking forward to your fight

Comment

1-Your picture is god damn disgusting and need to be changed now .I'm not even joking, I feel like reporting you for that shyt. It's offensive to
                  Gays, Straights, Floyd Fans, AND Beiber fans. It also reeks of ****sexual rape messages.

2- Ya. I knocked the hell out of my friend the other week in a backyard contest. 3 rounds. Plus I'm not looking to be a champion right away.

I just wanna do this as a part time job.
                  :WORD: i had something to say but i laughed so hard at this....^^^.

Comment

If u are serious do it men.

I do it and i am studying my second career i studied nutritonal sciences and now i am studying at a culinary institute and also work at a restaurant part time . I live in mexico.

My days look somewhat like this :

5:30 - 7 : 00 am Run 3 - 4 miles and go to school
                    7 am - 1 pm go to school afterward i go directly to the gym
                    1pm - 5:00pm boxing gym
                    6:00 pm - 12 :00am Work at a local restaurant.

I fought amateur for a long long time and i urned pro last march and have 3 fights until now and i have won the three of them.

as i said its not easy men sometimes i feel tired as hell... but u knwo what i love boxing and every second i dedicate to it i feel damn good. so its worth it.

and as you can see i am in pretty good shape

i try to rest as much as i can on weekends and as you can imagine i dont go out much to clubs or any of that ... actually most of my free time i watch boxing lol i really consider myself a true hardcore boxing fan.

still... i dont think this is a serious thread but thats just my story. And i am really curious to see how far i can get with my boxing career ( i am a realist about it )

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
                      If u are serious do it men.

I do it and i am studying my second career i studied nutritonal sciences and now i am studying at a culinary institute and also work at a restaurant part time . I live in mexico.

My days look somewhat like this :

5:30 - 7 : 00 am Run 3 - 4 miles and go to school
                      7 am - 1 pm go to school afterward i go directly to the gym
                      1pm - 5:00pm boxing gym
                      6:00 pm - 12 :00am Work at a local restaurant.

I fought amateur for a long long time and i urned pro last march and have 3 fights until now and i have won the three of them.

as i said its not easy men sometimes i feel tired as hell... but u knwo what i love boxing and every second i dedicate to it i feel damn good. so its worth it.

and as you can see i am in pretty good shape

i try to rest as much as i can on weekends and as you can imagine i dont go out much to clubs or any of that ... actually most of my free time i watch boxing lol i really consider myself a true hardcore boxing fan.

still... i dont think this is a serious thread but thats just my story. And i am really curious to see how far i can get with my boxing career ( i am a realist about it )
                      how many hours of sleep do you usally get?

Comment

Working...
                      X