Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Tony Thompson Finalized For March 5th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Awesome. War Ortiz! Time to shut him up
    Et Tu Brute? Say it isn't so...the arbitrator of all things Beta...Your going with this?

Comment

Good fight. Gotta beat the gatekeeper.

Comment

Good fight... I see a late, or clear UD for Ortiz.

Comment

Gotta give Tony credit for taking Ortiz on. Few guys soldier on past 40 and at 44, Thompson's Pro experience could keep it real for a few stanzas.

Comment

What a joke

Comment

Decent Fights

This should be a showcase fight for Ortiz. He should win and when Ortiz does win I hope people don't criticize Ortiz because of the opponent selection.

Thompson wanted this fight. So let's see what happens.

Sadam needs to make a statement against Vargas. Hopefully he's been training because he hasn't fought in a while.

Sadam has all the skills to be a force in the Welterweight division. Hopefully he puts big mouth Vargas to sleep and puts the division on notice.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Tony Thompson is still alive?!?!?
                He won't be after Ortiz is done with him.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Wow no respect for the veterans, the gatekeepers. Thompson is a tough fight for any fighter in the division. If Ortiz screws up, takes him lightly, it will not go well for him.

Such disrespect...thompson is cagey and comes to fight. If its an easy night for Ortiz so be it, but Thompson has a few more rounds in him.
                  No disrespect but Thompson brings nothing to the table here. His caginess and experience won't avail him against a man equally experienced in Ortiz, and he doesn't have the pop to get Ortiz's attention nor the resilience to withstand more than a few rounds of punishment. This is going to end badly for him, and I'm saying this as a simple statement of fact.

Comment

I think tony Thomson is a good gatekeeper, maybe not the best but he will expose a hype job.....

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                      No disrespect but Thompson brings nothing to the table here. His caginess and experience won't avail him against a man equally experienced in Ortiz, and he doesn't have the pop to get Ortiz's attention nor the resilience to withstand more than a few rounds of punishment. This is going to end badly for him, and I'm saying this as a simple statement of fact.
                      Don't missuse the word "fact." its beyond sop****ric to do so... thompson has a record of doing well in fights against top competition, thats a fact. hes a gatekeeper, but if someone screws up, ask Solis another Cuban sensation about it. I liked Solis and I like Ortiz, no harm in fighting an old school gate keeper to keep you honest.

You know the heavyweight division is full of guys coming up, and it would be grand if there was a tourney or something like that, but in the meantime lets not sell other's short.

Comment

Working...
                      X