No announcement yet.

Would Floyd duck Trout??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
    I can't help but feel that you kinda contradicted yourself. In the Part of your post were you said that fight trout would do nothing for his legacy, wouldn't a win over trout mean more than a win over canelo. You stated that trout was slick jabs bigger, basically a more dangerous opponent while canelo is the protected untested fighter, basically a cash cow. Wouldn't a victory over the more dangerous fighter add to cottos legacy.
    Canelo is a big name threat! Martinez is a big name threat! No one knows trout, its a small name threat! Which is better, cotto losing to Martinez, or Cotto losing to trout? Fight NAMES, not NO-Name threats! Cotto basically lost to a nobody! Because some people dont know him, they feel like cotto maybe could have lost to a bum! Everyone knows Martinez is about that life! Losing to him would have done much more.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I think your overthinking the thread question. This is the rule of the WBA:

1. The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division.

As it stands now, Floyd is the WBA Super Champion. Trout is the WBA Champion. The WBA has the power to force the fight.

The threadstarter is asking whether or not Floyd would accept the mandatory challege if it were to be forced.

That's how I understood the question at least.
      I didnt think about none of those technicalities! Who cares about the belts? The way I understood the question was basically, anyone who is a threat, Floyd would duck! Whatever Floyd does at 54, is a bonus fight! He can pick to fight the biggest bum at that weight, if he chose, because he cant even make the weight! He comes in at 54! He is absolutely OBLIGATED to fight Pac! He is ducking Pac, but he is not ducking Trout, Canelo, Martinez, or any other nae you can think of.

Comment

why would he want to fight trout....stop being ridiculous, i dont think Floyd knows who he is

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          I didnt think about none of those technicalities! Who cares about the belts? The way I understood the question was basically, anyone who is a threat, Floyd would duck! Whatever Floyd does at 54, is a bonus fight! He can pick to fight the biggest bum at that weight, if he chose, because he cant even make the weight! He comes in at 54! He is absolutely OBLIGATED to fight Pac! He is ducking Pac, but he is not ducking Trout, Canelo, Martinez, or any other nae you can think of.
          Oh. Well that's not what he's asking. It's a yes or no question. Would he fight his mandatory or would he not?

Comment

Fight Trout??? I would prefer it over Canelo but would it happen??? Don't think so.... May has only fought money fights at the weight

Comment

floyd would duck anybody, tbh.............

Comment

Who said Floyd was staying at 154? He weighed in at 151 against Cotto so clearly 154 is not even his Division

He should be at 147 trying fight Pacquiao, Bradley, maybe even Guerrero!

Let Trout and Alvarez fight each other!

Plus I don't see Al Haymon matching up his fighters like that ANYWAY!

Comment

Here we go again. So Floyd is ducking Manny,Sergio,trout,Guerrero,Bradley. No matter who he fights he's gonna be ducking someone. This shyt makes no sense.

Comment

Ducking cuz does not make biz sense and actually have a good chance of losing.

Comment

Took a little longer then usual but this thread is here right on time

Comment

Working...
                      X