Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Did Shutter Island Get Such Bad Ratings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutter Island was a GREAT movie. It's disappointing that movies like that don't come along too often anymore. The people who don't like it either have the attention span of a squirrel, or only like movies that are similar to Michael Bays work.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      Shutter Island was a GREAT movie. It's disappointing that movies like that don't come along too often anymore. The people who don't like it either have the attention span of a squirrel, or only like movies that are similar to Michael Bays work.
      i dont get why people thought it was confusing, it explains itself, u dont even have to think (although i guessed he was crazy when he was in the cave).

Very good movie

have u seen a beautiful mind? I thought it was a much better film about is he crazy or sane.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
        i dont get why people thought it was confusing, it explains itself, u dont even have to think (although i guessed he was crazy when he was in the cave).

Very good movie

have u seen a beautiful mind? I thought it was a much better film about is he crazy or sane.
        Hilariously enough, I guessed he was insane within the first 10 minutes (only because I know movies with twists are normally contradictions). Most people can't appreciate the way a movie is suppose to be with the ending. What annoys me is how everyone thinks every movie should have the fairy tale ending where everything works out with no cliff hangers or anything that would produce thought provocation. And no, I haven't seen A Beautiful Mind. I assume you'd recommend it?

Comment

I thought Shutter Island was a very good movie. Wasn't a classic or anything special, but it didn't deserve bad ratings. I really enjoyed it.

I don't put too much stock on reviews anyways, whether good or bad. I thought the Social Network was a pretty big let down considering all the great reviews. Reviewers were claiming the film was brilliant and the best of the year. Despite the very good acting, I thought the movie was as bland as a movie can get.

Some of the worse ranked and highly criticized movies ended up becoming cult classics.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
            Hilariously enough, I guessed he was insane within the first 10 minutes (only because I know movies with twists are normally contradictions). Most people can't appreciate the way a movie is suppose to be with the ending. What annoys me is how everyone thinks every movie should have the fairy tale ending where everything works out with no cliff hangers or anything that would produce thought provocation. And no, I haven't seen A Beautiful Mind. I assume you'd recommend it?
            yeah watch it, Russell Crowe had a great performance in it.

Based on a true story (Hollywood style though). Wont say anything else about it cos it'll take away from it.

I must watch it again, havent seen it since it came out on dvd

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
              I thought Shutter Island was a very good movie. Wasn't a classic or anything special, but it didn't deserve bad ratings. I really enjoyed it.

I don't put too much stock on reviews anyways, whether good or bad. I thought the Social Network was a pretty big let down considering all the great reviews. Reviewers were claiming the film was brilliant and the best of the year. Despite the very good acting, I thought the movie was as bland as a movie can get.

Some of the worse ranked and highly criticized movies ended up becoming cult classics.
              wasnt Fight Club a flop initially?

I didnt watch it for a few years after it came out. One of my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                wasnt Fight Club a flop initially?

I didnt watch it for a few years after it came out. One of my favourites.
                I believe Fight Club was initially.

Scarface got a lot of bad reviews and was raped by critics as well when it first came out.

Comment

I thought Shutter Island was pretty damn good. But like another poster said, you can guess that Leo's character was the crazy one early on in the movie.

Comment

I liked them both. For me, Inception was the biggest disappointment of the year.

Comment

Shutter Island was terrible. I understood it perfectly, so well that I knew what would happen as soon as Dicaprio was snooping around the Mental Institution.

Comment

Working...
                      X