Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev To Sit Out The Remainder of 2015?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
    I hope he doesn't sit out til a ward fight pops off
    Seriously doubt he sits out until he is 60.

Comment

Why doesn't duva make barrera vs kov now? Since she owns both of them. That way barrera doesn't even have to fight an eliminator and wait. Win win right?

Comment

Lets face facts, we all get why Sergey would want to fight in his home Russia.

But once Beterbiev backed down, it was clear this event was in trouble. No one is in a hurry to face him, so unless the money was crazy no one was going to go to Russia to fight him. Either he was going to fight someone worthless or he was going to not fight then.

Lets hope they can make something worthwhile next

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          I'm not gonna argue with you....

Instead, I am going to place the blame directly where it lays.

At Kovalev's feet.

Exclusive HBO deal doe.
          I think you are making a very fair point. WHen there was no competing networks, a network deal was great for any fighter because it expanded who would fight you.

Now in this era, a network deal automatically limits who you can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Why doesn't duva make barrera vs kov now? Since she owns both of them. That way barrera doesn't even have to fight an eliminator and wait. Win win right?
            It's a fight that makes sense right now.

Maybe HBO won't approve it?

But if they don't, Duva should put it on some other network. If HBO doesn't allow it and so are imposing inactivity on Kovalev, then they are very unethical.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              It's a fight that makes sense right now.

Maybe HBO won't approve it?

But if they don't, Duva should put it on some other network. If HBO doesn't allow it and so are imposing inactivity on Kovalev, then they are very unethical.
              HBO approved Caparello and Agnew...so I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I think you are making a very fair point. WHen there was no competing networks, a network deal was great for any fighter because it expanded who would fight you.

Now in this era, a network deal automatically limits who you can fight.
                Anything that adds to the fragmentation within boxing = bad, in my book.

When a fighter signs an exclusive deal, they effectively remove themselves from any ranking system imo..... as soon as networks start determining your opponents they de-legitimise you.

If a fighter chooses to be a big fish in a little pond, then he should be judged accordingly.

Case in point.....

At LHW, Stevenson > Kovalev, for two reasons.....

* that fight is 50/50
                * Kovalev walked away from the purse bid, citing HBO as the reason

So a deal that Kovalev signed, prevented him from fighting Stevenson.

I dont give a fcuk about Stevensons lineal title, or Kovalevs belts, that stuff is meaningless..... the fact is this..... that is a 50/50 fight, a 50/50 fight that Kovalev walked away from.

The reason why Kovalev walked away is irrelevant, and not my problem.

Stevenson > Kovalev, until Kovalev proves otherwise.

Comment

Real disappointing.

Kovalev has good momentum right now, inactivity is the last thing he needs.

Also, the guy has worked his ass off for very little reward, until recently.

He should be capitalising on his recent performances and his standing.

Sucks for him and us.

Comment

What happened to the Russian billionaires who could buy and sell Al 15 times?

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      What happened to the Russian billionaires who could buy and sell Al 15 times?
                      She's full of shtt bro
                      She just wanted her name out and to get attention

Comment

Working...
                      X