Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather's Influence, Role in PPV Duds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hatred of Merchant to Floyd Jr is undeniable. Merchant wants JR to lose badly.He's retired ,move on!

Comment

All the flobots are on Amber alert...they are like a rabid pack of wolves as soon as someone knocks flobot there up in arms growling and snarling......at the start of his 6 fight deal it was all roses..started of with a top cherry pick in guerrero and got 1m....only because it was his first fight and full of hype.....then he signed up canelo which have great numbers.....but probably only because canelo put half the PPV numbers onto the figures....then maidana I think was 900 ppv for both fights....then the superfight.....I didn't pay to see MAYWEATHER fight I paid for PACQUAIO and I would say 7 out of 10 paid for Pacquaio to beat him in hindsight....it wasn't floyd who brought the numbers...he claims it it with the De la hoya fight as well but we all know when it came to a bigger ppv star it was Oscar and that's always been the case.....and then he chose berto with no following and a very little chance of winning...so floyd had to sell the promotion on his merits and guess what it made 450 k ppv......mayweather took the piss with the acted in the ring and gradually fight by fight he numbers and the proof is there in black and White ......it's only the flobots who thinks floyd is a popular fighter for the masses

Comment

Merchant speaks,the truth and the flow mos get their panties in a bunch !

Everything he said was was on point !!

This is why his era was one of the worst in boxing history !

Comment

49-0, 5 division champ, P4P #1 even at age 38, champion for 17 years, PPV King, richest boxer in history.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Comment

Floyd's numbers prove Merchant's statement incorrect. People kept buying Floyd PPVs...he did use Pac's name to sell his fights though
            Last edited by MisanthropicNY; 10-03-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
              Floyd's numbers prove Merchant's statement incorrect. People kept buying Floyd PPVs...he did use Pac's name to sell his fights though
              Yeah but they were duds for the most part in terms of entertainment ..And this safety first approach or fighting guys who have no chance of winning is what he did and now other promoters are trying to copy that recipe ..

Comment

Maywrather really warped the mind of Larry Merchant Roy Jones Jr used to be the target of Merchant's wrath but Mayweather took it to another level.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  Mayweather's style is so unappealing Merchant wants to see him again, against Golovkin nonetheless but still see him. Isn't that hatred?
                  Merchant claimed that Canelo had a real shot at beating Mayweather but when it didn't come close to happening he blamed Canelo for "not being aggressive enough." He's become no different from some of the worst posters in NSB and gave no credit to Mayweather whatsoever.

Merchant has become a parody of himself and his bias is ridiculously unprofessional. I can't take him seriously on anything relating to Mayweather.

Comment

Many Butthurt Mayweather fans. Trying to argue that Mayweather is exciting. Ok I will admit it. He is more exciting than Gatti, Pac, Cotto, Chavez Sr, Holyfield, Tyson, Froch, Barrerra, Morales, Khan, Maidana, Mathyesse, Hagler, Hearns, ect.... Every fight is so amazingly spine tingling. This is why boxing fans love boxing....Butthurt Mayweather fans....but but but he won without damage..hahahaha

Comment

a hater and a drunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X