No announcement yet.

Would Floyd duck Trout??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't blame Floyd if he ducked Trout.

Financially, it's like going from being a CEO of Exxon to being a greeter at Walmart.

I'd love to see this fight but it's another fantasy thing.

Trout-Canelo would be nice too.

I just feel bad for Trout. I don't know if he'll ever get Canelo or anyone with some financial juice behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      Floyd is ducking yet another fighter. What else is new? Are there any other active boxers that he has ducked yet?
      As a Floyd fan I would like to see him step up and take this fight. I don't want it to be another situation where:

-Trout continues to fight tough opposition

-Trout finally gets a loss because he's fighting tough opposition

-Then people come out and say "LOL...Is this the guy Floyd was supposedly ducking?"...and give Floyd a fantasy fight win.

Trout is a much bigger challenge than Guerrero at least. We've seen guys try to maul Floyd and make it a dog fight and we get the same result over and over. I want to see a different style matchup in the ring with him right now.

Comment

There's no money in it for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I think your overthinking the thread question. This is the rule of the WBA:

1. The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division.

As it stands now, Floyd is the WBA Super Champion. Trout is the WBA Champion. The WBA has the power to force the fight.

The threadstarter is asking whether or not Floyd would accept the mandatory challege if it were to be forced.

That's how I understood the question at least
          You are correct sir.

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Financially, it's like going from being a CEO of Exxon to being a greeter at Walmart.

I just feel bad for Trout. I don't know if he'll ever get Canelo or anyone with some financial juice behind them.

As always I like reading your post. You're one of the most unbiased people around here and also knowledgeable.

Comment

Dunno. I think Floyd would rather get more $$$ fighting Canelo on Cinco De Mayo. Time will tell forsure.

Comment

Floyd been ducking

Trout would be do different

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

that's not true. floyd's going to do huge numbers no matter who he fights. the bigger the opponent the more revenue he has to give up. the more unknown the opponent the more floyd keeps for himself. he could probably give trout a flat fee of 2-3 million and keep all the rest. it's like going from the CEO of exxon to the CEO of shell. not too shabby but he will pretend like it doesn't make any money to fight trout just like he pretends fighting manny makes too much money for him to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  the bigger the opponent the more revenue he has to give up. the more unknown the opponent the more floyd keeps for himself.
                  Floyd gets a share of all Pay Per View revenue for his fights. The better the opponent the more PPV sales and the more money that goes into Floyd's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    that's not true. floyd's going to do huge numbers no matter who he fights. the bigger the opponent the more revenue he has to give up. the more unknown the opponent the more floyd keeps for himself. he could probably give trout a flat fee of 2-3 million and keep all the rest. it's like going from the CEO of exxon to the CEO of shell. not too shabby but he will pretend like it doesn't make any money to fight trout just like he pretends fighting manny makes too much money for him to handle.
                    He does give up more but the purse is JUST so much greater.

Revenue of 50 million (he gets 25 let's say) versus 20 million (he gets 17 let's say)

No doubt he will do the below and act like it's beneath him but he is still losing big bucks .

So he is stepping down the ladder and getting paid less in my belief.

It's not easy for people to go backwards and down in pay, especially Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Floyd gets a share of all Pay Per View revenue for his fights. The better the opponent the more PPV sales and the more money that goes into Floyd's pocket.

Yup, we said the same thing.

I'd love a Trout-Floyd fight though.

Comment

Working...
                      X