No announcement yet.

Evans vs Jones, right around the corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans vs Jones, right around the corner

I find myself, at times, losing sleep over this fight.

I'm riding with Rashad. If he pulls off this victory, it will hand's down make him a Top 3 205 lb'er of all time.

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I'm riding with Rashad. If he pulls off this victory, it will hand's down make him a Top 3 205 lb'er of all time.
    Not even close. Wanderlei, Chuck, Rampage, Shogun and even Jones have better resumes than him. Major props if he does pull it off but I think Jones is going to pick him apart untill Rashad is worn out and then take him down and finish him on the ground.

Comment

Jones going to wax that behind then fight Hendo.

Comment

I'm a Rashad fan, so I'm in his corner 100%. Jon Jones didn't disappoint my hopes in what he would become but Rashad is my boy, so he gets my support.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
          Not even close. Wanderlei, Chuck, Rampage, Shogun and even Jones have better resumes than him. Major props if he does pull it off but I think Jones is going to pick him apart untill Rashad is worn out and then take him down and finish him on the ground.
          What makes you think that?

Because they have wins over guys like Babalu, Belfort, Arona, and Randleman?

Don't get me wrong, Chuck and Wanderlei were my favorite fighters back in the day. But the fact is, Rashad has since passed them.

Shogun has been entirely garbage since he's been in the UFC. What is he like 3-4, with his best win coming against Machida and an over the hill and back Chuck Lidell?

Shogun's better than Rashad because according to his track record in PRIDE?

Who's to say if PRIDE was even better than the UFC?

Rashad's been consistenty winning at the UFC's level for about 7 years now. I think Rashad's win's tops beating guys like Babalu, Arona, Randleman and even Overreem back in the day. Overreem 7 years ago is nowhere the beast he is today. They were two different people.

I do agree that Jones is in the same running and possibly better track record than Rashad. But that's only because of his win over Machida. If it weren't for Jones's wins this year, specifically Machida, I think Rashad would possibly be the best current 205 lb'er of all time:

1. Rampage
          2. Griffin
          3. Liddel (beat Liddel after Rampage; not 4 losses later like Shogun)
          4. Bisping (beat an undefeated Bisping)
          5. Ortiz
          6. Thiago Silva
          7. Bonner

He was the first fighter in the HISTORY of the UFC to not only win TUF then win the UFC title in a completely different division, but he did it undefeated. No one has ever done that in the history of mixed martial arts before Evans.

The only knock under Rashad's belt is he doesn't have the title defenses like Liddel, but neither does Shogun, Wanderlei, Rampage or Jones for that matter. So what makes them so much better? PRIDE (except Jones)??

Give me a break.
          Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 03-19-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

What makes you think that?

Because they have wins over guys like Babalu, Belfort, Arona, and Randleman?

Don't get me wrong, Chuck and Wanderlei were my favorite fighters back in the day. But the fact is, Rashad has since passed them.

Shogun has been entirely garbage since he's been in the UFC. What is he like 3-4, with his best win coming against Machida and an over the hill and back Chuck Lidell?

Shogun's better than Rashad because according to his track record in PRIDE?

Who's to say if PRIDE was even better than the UFC?
            Is this your Chael Sonnen impression?

Rashad's been consistenty winning at the UFC's level for about 7 years now. I think Rashad's win's tops beating guys like Babalu, Arona, Randleman and even Overreem back in the day. Overreem 7 years ago is nowhere the beast he is today. They were two different people.

I do agree that Jones is in the same running and possibly better track record than Rashad. But that's only because of his win over Machida. If it weren't for Jones's wins this year, specifically Machida, I think Rashad would possibly be the best current 205 lb'er of all time:
            You're the first person I've ever heard saying Rashad Evans would the greatest LHW ever minus Jones. So basicely according to you Jones is #1 and Rashad #2 GOAT? I sure hope you don't talk this kind of fantasies on other sites because you would be laughed out of the site.

1. Rampage
            2. Griffin
            3. Liddel (beat Liddel after Rampage; not 4 losses later like Shogun)
            4. Bisping (beat an undefeated Bisping)
            5. Ortiz
            6. Thiago Silva
            7. Bonner
            Rampage coming off a layoff, yes Chuck was already past it at that point, Bisping aruably beat him, Ortiz wasn't in his prime either but yet again, Rashad got a gif draw in the first fight, having wins over bonner and silva don't do anything for your legacy even though they were good fighters.

Rampage's wins: Igor, Randleman, prime Lidell 2x, Arona, Henderson, past it Wanderlei, Machida. His wins over Lidell and Hendo alone> Rashad's entire career.

Lidell's wins: Pele, Mezger, Vitor, Babalu, prime Ortiz 2x, Overeem, Couture, Horn, past it Wanderlei. the most title defenses. He ****s on Rashad's legacy EASILY.

Wanderlei: 4 years unbeaten in the best org at the time first of all. wins over Rampage twice, Henderson, Saku 3x, Arona, Cro Cop if it wasn't for the rules and others, but mainly the consistensy is what's important here.

Shogun: Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem twice, Arona, Randleman, Machida aruably twice, past it Lidell and Griffin. I don't even need to elaborate to intelligent people because of his epic run in Pride's tourney and him capturing UFC gold by KO'ing Machida.

Btw Dan Henderson despite fighting in diffirent weight classes also has a better record at LHW than Rashad. Bottom line, if you have knowledge on the sport you wouldn't even rank Rashad in the top 5 at the moment. If you insist on claiming garbage like "Pride wasn't that good" and dismiss them then I won't waste any time on that.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
              Is this your Chael Sonnen impression?

You're the first person I've ever heard saying Rashad Evans would the greatest LHW ever minus Jones. So basicely according to you Jones is #1 and Rashad #2 GOAT? I sure hope you don't talk this kind of fantasies on other sites because you would be laughed out of the site.

Rampage coming off a layoff, yes Chuck was already past it at that point, Bisping aruably beat him, Ortiz wasn't in his prime either but yet again, Rashad got a gif draw in the first fight, having wins over bonner and silva don't do anything for your legacy even though they were good fighters.

Rampage's wins: Igor, Randleman, prime Lidell 2x, Arona, Henderson, past it Wanderlei, Machida. His wins over Lidell and Hendo alone> Rashad's entire career.

Lidell's wins: Pele, Mezger, Vitor, Babalu, prime Ortiz 2x, Overeem, Couture, Horn, past it Wanderlei. the most title defenses. He ****s on Rashad's legacy EASILY.

Wanderlei: 4 years unbeaten in the best org at the time first of all. wins over Rampage twice, Henderson, Saku 3x, Arona, Cro Cop if it wasn't for the rules and others, but mainly the consistensy is what's important here.

Shogun: Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem twice, Arona, Randleman, Machida aruably twice, past it Lidell and Griffin. I don't even need to elaborate to intelligent people because of his epic run in Pride's tourney and him capturing UFC gold by KO'ing Machida.

Btw Dan Henderson despite fighting in diffirent weight classes also has a better record at LHW than Rashad. Bottom line, if you have knowledge on the sport you wouldn't even rank Rashad in the top 5 at the moment. If you insist on claiming garbage like "Pride wasn't that good" and dismiss them then I won't waste any time on that.
              Rashad gets hate because of the "style" he fights. It's not exciting, I understand that. But a win is a win. That's like saying Vitali and Wlad aren't great because of how they win. Point is, they've been at the top consistently for years. The same applies to Rashad.

All the guys that you named from PRIDE is one big subjective rant.

Do you know what we do when two subjective people can't agree? We refer them to MMA ELO.

I think Dan Henderson has just recently took Rashad's spot at the top (ALL-TIME). This is why I said, if Rashad beats Jones, he will be at the top.

Don't take my word for it. See for yourself http://www.mma-elo.com/ranks.php?r=14.

After you do that, go ahead and discredit the computer for not being opinionated and a Rashad hater who dislikes someone because of emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I'm a Rashad fan, so I'm in his corner 100%. Jon Jones didn't disappoint my hopes in what he would become but Rashad is my boy, so he gets my support.
                What? finishing all of his fights?
                Last time he went to the scorecards was against Bonner......
                The guy is a destroyer but what did you hope for him?
                That he would be less dominate?
                The guy is the most exciting Champ out there and gets spectacular finishes on a fight by fight basis.

What? The best year in mma history isn't enough?
                No Mma fighter have had a better year of perfomances than Jon Jones but Tell me! you had so much "hope" for this kid.

What ? you wanted him to be a drop down and win the mw belt than move up to HW to win that one too?
                He's only 24 and have destroyed every opponent he has faced...
                He is only 24 and already one of the greatest LHW ever.
                What do Jon Jones have to do to please you?
                Last edited by Mohammedini; 03-21-2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Rashad gets hate because of the "style" he fights. It's not exciting, I understand that. But a win is a win. That's like saying Vitali and Wlad aren't great because of how they win. Point is, they've been at the top consistently for years. The same applies to Rashad.

All the guys that you named from PRIDE is one big subjective rant.
                  Nothing subjective about Pride. It is a fact that they had the best fighters in the world competing against eachother regularly. Somebody who listens to Chael Sonnen and discredits Pride, nothing that person says about MMA should ever be taken seriously again.

Do you know what we do when two subjective people can't agree? We refer them to MMA ELO.

I think Dan Henderson has just recently took Rashad's spot at the top (ALL-TIME). This is why I said, if Rashad beats Jones, he will be at the top.

Don't take my word for it. See for yourself http://www.mma-elo.com/ranks.php?r=14.

After you do that, go ahead and discredit the computer for not being opinionated and a Rashad hater who dislikes someone because of emotions.
                  Are you just trolling now with that or what?

Comment

lol watch Rashad look good for a round. then die.

Comment

Working...
                    X