No announcement yet.

Who would win at 140? Ricky Hatton vs Marcos Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
    Maidana would defeat hatton, no doubt. Maidana has quicker reactions and heavy hands and hatton always took too many punches and as proved against May and Pacman against fighters who can punch hatton would have had moments in the fight but he would have got knocked out by maidana in 8.
    Are you kidding?

Mayweather and Pacquiao ore so far above anyone Maidana has ever been in the ring with its unreal.

Maidana is a level down from the worn out Tzsyu that Hatton fought.

Hatton can either outbox Maidana pretty easily or shut him down inside and stop him

No Doubt

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
      Maidana would defeat hatton, no doubt. Maidana has quicker reactions and heavy hands and hatton always took too many punches and as proved against May and Pacman against fighters who can punch hatton would have had moments in the fight but he would have got knocked out by maidana in 8.
      Maidana is not even half the fighter they are,howabout we look at hattons fights with Urango or Tackie,they are closer in skill level and style too MM

Comment

The first few rounds would be pretty explosive anD Maidana would get some good shots in. From about the 5th round on it would be a holding and punching match that i have to give to Ricky Hat. Hatton by decision.

Comment

Hatton by rough and ugly decision. he wins almost every round, but is slightly marked up in the process. Im thinking Hatton-Urango.

I see a head clash happening in this fight, maybe stopping it early.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Both fighters will take punishment but Ricky will come out on top.

Hatton is just simply better than Maidanna.
            Agreed. Hatton would stay close to Maidana and rarely let him get full leverage on one of those looping wide right hands.

Comment

Hatton would murder him,it would be brutal and fun too watch but theres only one winner,ricky by stoppage

Download Software

Comment

i got maidana by decision what i like about maidana is in the clinch he is actually more dangerous in the clinch with punches to the sides and the back of the head. thats what i expect hatton to do smother maidana at times he might even hurt maidana a couple times but maidana has excellent recovery skills i see him landing enough right hands to win this fight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Agreed. Hatton would stay close to Maidana and rarely let him get full leverage on one of those looping wide right hands.

i brought this one up in the "Ricky vs the world at 140" thread
                  gona hit you with some K

maidana doesnt create the distance to punch, which is what the great hitters have done so well

maidana was blessed with incredible heavy hands that accellerate through a target, which is the basic formula for punching power

but he doesnt make the big punches happen
                  the distnace has to present itself (like khan holding his left hand low and ducking his head [a mistake,], or victor ortiz being the world's most open man for a straight right hand)

Comment

Hatton by Ko Body Shot,But Maidana would hurt him trust me the maidana that showed up against khan would hurt ricky hatton badly and possibly stop him.

Maidana had good foot movement and cut off the ring very well against khan but it dissappeared after he changed trainer for some reason he should have stuck with his old trainer

Comment

Ricky Hatton was a helluva fighter at 140, a whole lot better than Maidana. Ricky could box his ears off and tie him up when need be, he had the strength to push Maidana back to. Maidana has one advantage here - Power but Hatton tended to get hurt by shots he didnt see coming, he had a good chin in general. He should see Maidana's crude swings coming. I think Marcos dont take it to the body to well either and who hits to the body better than a prime 140 Ricky Hatton? Not Many is ur answer! Ricky wins one way or another with a stoppage a very real possibility

Comment

Working...
                      X