Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we stop acting like 8 lbs is a huge deal? Enough with the fake outrage already

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, because it will be just 8 lbs, right?

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      If 8lbs isnt a big deal, then why wont Canelo actually fight at MW, rather than LM and a few ounces?
      Because he wont be able to fight welterweights anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        Because he wont be able to fight welterweights anymore.
        The guy is an embarrassment and this is a humungous crapola of a fight. His behaviour of late has been shameless but I would never have thought he would have the balls to do something like this. This is sinking to a lower level than even Floyd would have attempted!

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          Yes, and it will be entertaining. Khan will get the payday he's been hoping for all these years.

You're right, there are weight classes for a reason. That's why they're both going to fight at 155 lbs. The weight cap limits BOTH of them from size advantages. Sure, Canelo might rehydrate a few more pounds than Khan, but it won't be that big. Stop crying and enjoy this fight for what it is.

Because knowing Golden Boy, we were going to get Canelo vs Rosado.
          Hmmm Canelo vs Rosado... Yeah ill take vs Khan lol Ill sure watch it but I have no doubt Khan gets KO. Lets see..

Comment

What are Khan and Canelo's highest fight night weights?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              What are Khan and Canelo's highest fight night weights?

Canelo weighed 174 lbs. against Trout 3 years ago when he was 22 years old. I'm guessing he comes in at 180 nowadays.

Khan was 160 against Collazo.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
                Canelo weighed 174 lbs. against Trout 3 years ago when he was 22 years old. I'm guessing he comes in at 180 nowadays.

Khan was 160 against Collazo.
                So in reality we are looking at a 15-20lb weightadvantage for Canelo?

Plus any extra weight that Khan gains may end up making him less effective.

Comment

It's a big jump when the guy moving up doesn't have that sturdy of a chin to begin with. Also Khan isn't the world beater people trying to justify this match up think he is. He's a contender at 147 and that's where it ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    It's the first boxing event being held at the brand new stadium in the Vegas Strip. Of course they were going to go for the big names. Khan and his handlers have no issue with the weight whatsoever, and neither should you.

It's 8 lbs for crying out loud, and Khan is a big guy. I'm sure you've all seen his "off season" pictures at the beach. He looks close to 180 lbs which is likely what Canelo walks around at too. Even so, "walk around" weight doesn't matter when there are weight classes in place.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Khan weighs in higher than Canelo, probably in the ball park of 154.5 and still look healthy and lean too.

Canelo will win, but it won't be by knockout. It will be a UD win.

By fight night, its gonna be more then 8 lbs.

And more importantly, Canelo will be thicker, bigger, stronger, and completely comfortable at his weight.

Khan will be adjusting to this new weight, as well as adjusting to facing someone with those advantages, which is something he has never had to do before.

Im not saying Canelo will KO Khan, but Im saying he should.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Stop posting false images to justify this mismatch! Here we see how bigger Canelo is and look at poor little Khan, this is a disgrace for boxing.
                      Canelo would be wearing Khan's T-shirt........

Comment

Working...
                      X